Hedgehog

Mildo

TVWBB Guru
This is a view back to the beginning of summer. We had a visit in the garden.
While the youngest son admired this nice pet...

P6100068.JPG

...dad has prepared some chops for a quick lunch

topped only with S&P&EVOO

P6100075.JPG

potatoes and onions in the pan get ahead

P6100077.JPG

quickly sear

P6100080.JPG

partially mash potatoes

P6100084-001.JPG

meat top on the potatoes

P6100085.JPG

added mixture of cheese (blue cheese + gouda - 50/50)
and be patient cca 10 min

P6100086.JPG

done

P6100090.JPG

No pictures plating, i am sorry
so at least this picture for an idea :)

P6100093.JPG

Thanks for viewing and have a nice weekend

Last edited:
I have been to Prague several times, and I always buy at least one pork chop meal, because of the quality of your meat.
I think that your cooking skills may bring the meat to yet another level. Very nice.

LOLOL, when I first saw the post and your son looking at the hedgehog I thought, "Oh God, Dad took the little guy and butchered him for dinner......" Ha, I think I'd eat hedgehog though! Adventurous eating is awesome and the best!

But seriously those are some good looking chops. Never had pork chops with melted cheese on it, but to say that I am a good cheese fan is an understatement, with blue being my absolute bane. I could eat it till I was as big and bloated as a barn.

What kind of blue did you use though? My favorite these days is Mirablue or Gabriel Coulet, both of which are at Whole Foods. A lot of people push Rogue Creameries Smokey Blue, but the texture and flavor just isn't funky enough to me. If I am going to buy blue cheese I want the stuff to be EXTREMELY pungent, almost to the point of ammoniated tasting. I guess that most people have more delicate tastes than I do though and aren't as big of fans of strong flavors. Pork liver, chitlins, or beef heart? Tripe, pork maw, or crawfish heads? Yes please. :)

Maybe I'm disappointed someone, maybe someone was pleased but I will not cook this animal - never. (probably...:))
Thank you for the kind words, after a long time it was very enjoyable for me.
RCBaughn - If it were not so expensive I would definitely use the original French Roquefort. It's my no.1. This was used from a local floodplain Czech production - Golden Niva, 50/50 with Gouda.
Thanks again to everyone. (five days and is here again Friday:wsm:)

Back