Heavily Marinated Rib Eyes

Andy Ly

TVWBB Fan
Our local Vine Ripe supermarket had a sale on Rib Eyes for $3.99/lb so I had to pick up a few stabs. I marinated overnight in mustard, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Pulled it out tonight and grilled it with all the mustard still on it. I doused it with Worcestershire sauce while it was grilling and it really brought out the flavor.

The cook went so well that I ran to Vine Ripe and picked up 3 more for this weekend. It is sitting in the fridge with a slightly different variation of marinade. Rubbed lightly with coarse sea salt, marinated in lime, white vinegar, soy sauce, horseradish, and mustard. I then moved the drenched steak into a saran wrap, sprinkled Montreal steak seasoning on top, then saran wrapped it to marinade.

Grilled using kingsford briquettte and cowboy lump (recently on clearance) and one apple chunk. Seared for 90 seconds each side, then moved to indirect for the rest of the cooking.

bQpRY0H.jpg

Served with green beans, corn, steak sauce, and horseradish.
z0IZJJ9.jpg

I had an extra rib eye and it was shared with my downstairs neighbor. They always return the favor by bringing me an extra side plate. So I added the mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes to the party. But check out the steak's center! :)
9HmEj8p.jpg

Last edited:
Steak looks really good and one heck of a deal, thanks again for the heads up. I picked up 4 steaks and will give them a try today!

I live in Mira Mesa now, what about you? did you go to the Vine Ripe off of Fletcher parkway? That's a great deal on rib eyes!

Back