heatermeter ripoff?

That unit has been mentioned here a couple weeks ago, as far as I can tell it just measures food probes and can not control the pit at all, no blower, no servo etc... So it is a far cry from the HM, but I do see your point....

Bryan, you need to come up for world maker faire in september and blow some people away with the HM.
I've never been to a Maker Faire but I'm certain I'd "win" it if I came with a HeaterMeter and a couple hundred pounds of pulled pork. Now I just need to figure out how to get my Big Green Egg in a carry-on.

There's also most likely going to be commercial products based on HeaterMeter both in the US and Europe as I have been contacted by two different parties inquiring about the legality of it. It's open source free software so there will just be more people in our community, I suppose!

Tappecue has been out for a few years I believe since 2010. Heatermeter was still using the Linksys router at the time, if memory is correct

The problem with Tappencue is that it looks like a HeaterMeter, but it's a monitor only device. It can't actually do anything other than tell you the temperature of things its monitoring. Pretty pointless when you consider how much it costs and the effort you have to go through to get it online.

The problem with Tappencue is that it looks like a HeaterMeter, but it's a monitor only device. It can't actually do anything other than tell you the temperature of things its monitoring. Pretty pointless when you consider how much it costs and the effort you have to go through to get it online.

I showed the tappecue, over on another forum, I frequent and there was someone who thought it was well money spent. I guess some people like them, lol.

Bryan,

I'm pretty sure we could pull something together. Someone in the tri-state area has to have a BGE or similar already modded for an HM. What I don't know about is how NYFD handles anything with open flame @ the hall of science - I do know they're strict.

Yeah Tappecue and HeaterMeter are different beasts that entered the world around the same time. I'm biased but I think HeaterMeter is the best device in world but there's plenty of space for other innovation. I think they have some features HeaterMeter doesn't or maybe better implementation in some areas. It's why we need more people using HeaterMeter, so they can suggest new ideas, I can steal them, implement them, and then give them away for free!

I mean really, guys, this project is just a way for me to have the very best BBQ controller with all the coolest new features before anyone else :)

Yeah Tappecue and HeaterMeter are different beasts that entered the world around the same time. I'm biased but I think HeaterMeter is the best device in world but there's plenty of space for other innovation. I think they have some features HeaterMeter doesn't or maybe better implementation in some areas. It's why we need more people using HeaterMeter, so they can suggest new ideas, I can steal them, implement them, and then give them away for free!

I mean really, guys, this project is just a way for me to have the very best BBQ controller with all the coolest new features before anyone else :)

Amen..................................

Back