I've added a simple wiring diagram and parts list to the github README. It is just two parts so it is pretty easy to put together.would love to see a kit/tutorial or at least a BOM with links or a "shopping cart" shortcut to order the parts, for dummies like me. thanks for the cool project!
Thanks!!!!I've added a simple wiring diagram and parts list to the github README. It is just two parts so it is pretty easy to put together.
That might look like a lot of steps but that's all the wires you'll need total so it isn't much. Wire all the 5V, GND, and CLK together, then just one wire per LED module.
- Wire 5V from the Wemos D1 Mini to the 5V pin on all 4 LED displays.
- Wire GND from the Wemos D1 Mini to the GND pin on all 4 LED displays.
- Wire D1 from the Wemos D1 Mini to the CLK pin on all 4 LED displays.
- Wire D2 from the Wemos D1 Mini to DIO on the PIT display
- Wire D7 from the Wemos D1 Mini to DIO on the FOOD1 display
- Wire D6 from the Wemos D1 Mini to DIO on the FOOD2 display
- Wire D5 from the Wemos D1 Mini to DIO on the FOOD3 display
This is exactly what I need! I have the parts on order. Is there a step by step for how to program? I’m good with wiring and soldering, but know zero about Arduino, and only very minor on raspberry pi( not that that will help.)
An “ultimate luddite guide” with:
1. plug in Arduino to usb port
2. use this program to get x from y
3. type “Example Words” here...
Ah dangit, I didn't realize that. I'll see if I can find the right size ones. EDIT: Why the heck are virtually all the modules for the clock / doubledot version?FYI, the LED modules linked in the readme.txt file are the wrong size for the case. They are 0.36", it would appear the case is designed for 0.56".
Does your model actually need lcd_ex_offset at all? The reason I use lcd_window_offset to expand the size of the case is because I want all the spacings to be the same (EDIT: or at least the outer sides), but your model doesn't have that symmetry. Looks like I can remove lcd_ex_offset from your design without compromising the design at all right?I posted a remix on thingiverse. Note I am an amateur at Open scad, so not guarantee, but my print seemed OK.