Heatermeter becomes unreachable while still connected to WiFi

John Bostwick

TVWBB Wizard
It's been a pretty long time since I had to make post, but I have a problem since I downloaded the newest stable version.

My HM connects to my wifi without issue and after it connects I can also connect to it without issue.

But, if I don't connect to it after a while, I'm not able to connect to it, I get this site can not be reached.

What's wierd, is that I get the LUCI Lua configuration page like when it always does when it loads.

Does anybody have a fix for this without having to unplug the HM each time it get unresponsive.

Hi, John, long time, no see.

I relaid out my house network in the last couple of weeks. My Win10 station is no longer reliably (or even some of the time....) making a connection to another internal web server, yet Linux had absolutely no problems with the addressing changes. I haven't successfuly figured out what's going on yet. :( Yes, I'm making the [possibly erroneous] assumption you're starting on Windows. If that's the case, can you test with a non-Windows device?

I'm use my Note 20 Ultra to connect.

As long as I have the web page open one of my tabs, it's good to go. If I don't already have a tab with the HM, it will then becomes unreachable. It's like the HM goes to sleep if nobody communicates to it after a bit of time and won't wake up later if you try to load the hm on my phone.

I had the HM on all night while I was sleeping and my phone was also not being used and I was still able to view the HM, as I had a open tab showing the graph of the HM.

Okay, not windows. I got nothing. Almost always, when I have my HM running, I have a Chrome tab open on my Linux laptop, so it's not surprising that I haven't observed this behavior.... hrrrrm..... I just loaded Bryan's latest dev snapshot, I can check from a couple of other systems here later today.

Shoot, spaced completely on this last night. I just checked my Win10 station, and it's still getting to my local HM without issue.

Back