HeaterMeter 4.0 Software how to start from scratch

Dan Seaver

[SOLVED]HeaterMeter 4.0 Software how to start from scratch

I have a heater meter 4.0 board and would like to update to the latest firmware and openwrt. I have tried several times and I don't seem to get a clean install. For example the user root still has my password...so it restored it somehow. I reformated my sd card and wrote the latest img to the card. What else do I need to do to get a clean install. My issue is I lost my original wifi adapter that was configured with the original installation. I am not using an edimax 7811 and I can't seem to get it to connect. It scans and sees the wifi router...but after joining network I do not have an IP.

I would love to start from scratch, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

Last edited:
Look up "no restore" or norestore, 'cause at boot the HM will check and restore the config by default, the no restore function will prevent that from happening. That said, you might be able to get your WiFi working without a fresh install if you go to Network/Wifi and REMOVE the adaptors shown there, then go to Network/Interfaces and delete the interface associated with the old WiFi. Then go back and setup a new connection with the new wifi adaptor... and make sure you don't have something on your router (like a MAC filter or other security) that was allowing the old adapter to connect but not allowing the new adaptor.

Back