Heat diffuser for stove

Yes, or spaghetti sauce aka italian gravy.

I also use it on the side burner of my Genesis which runs hot. The lowest setting on it is too hot. With the flame tamer I can simmer BBQ sauce.
I gotta check into that one!

I got one of the enamelled 6 3/4 inch ones for Christmas. Haven’t used it yet but I plan on using it on the Genesis 330 side burner as it runs too hot for almost anything except boiling water. Glad to hear all the reviews on here.

I got one of the enamelled 6 3/4 inch ones for Christmas. Haven’t used it yet but I plan on using it on the Genesis 330 side burner as it runs too hot for almost anything except boiling water. Glad to hear all the reviews on here.
The E330 side burner is perfect for lighting a chimney of coal

I am sure it would be DanHoo but I have an old beat up Silver C that I use the side burner on for that. It is much easier to clean it than that crappy one on the 330. 😆

I had problems finding a diffuser so I bought one of these inexpensive campstove toasters and use the base from it as a flame tamer.

On a family trip to Quebec when I was a kid (early 60's) we stopped in a town called Asbestos, Quebec which was an open pit mining town. Brought a big chuck of this green fibrous material home that I took to school for show and tell. I remember all of us peeling strands of fibers off the chunk. Who knew!
Wasn't a big problem unless you were a smoker and you worked in the asbestos mine.......

Back