Have u guys noticed the modern grills hoods?

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
Last week I was complaining about my mint condition 3 burner silver b being a bit slow to 550 but eventually we chalked it up to winter cold temps and lots of heavy metal. Mine has 16 gauge bars and crazy thick ss rods.

Today I picked up a flipper Spirit II E210 in a nice blue color. I bet if my wife see's it I will have to keep it. Anyway I am not familiar with the newer models so I watched some vids on it. This thing screams right up to 550 and fast! But then I was thinking hey....all Weber did was make the hood shorter in height thus less space to heat. I wonder how less volume affects cooking for u guys that know how to cook? I assure u it wont affect my hot dogs at all.

Attachments

• 20210203_155153.jpg
    20210203_155153.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210203_155125.jpg
    20210203_155125.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 27
My brother's hardware store sold a ton of those red, ivory, and sapphire Spirit II grills. Very popular. And yes, Weber started going with shorter hoods with the Genesis II grills in 2017.

Its a cool looking grill with very few moving parts. I might have a grill challenge on my deck this Spring. My old school Silver B should win easily over this lil 2 burner but we shall seeeeeeeeee

Its a cool looking grill with very few moving parts. I might have a grill challenge on my deck this Spring. My old school Silver B should win easily over this lil 2 burner but we shall seeeeeeeeee

Some here have noted that these Spirit II grills aren’t especially ruggedly made. But for a second, smaller grill - and assuming you can store it inside and keep it cleaned and maintained - I think it could be a sharp looking addition. I would never let one displace a “classic” Genesis - x000 or Silver B/C.

Last week I was complaining about my mint condition 3 burner silver b being a bit slow to 550 but eventually we chalked it up to winter cold temps and lots of heavy metal. Mine has 16 gauge bars and crazy thick ss rods.

Today I picked up a flipper Spirit II E210 in a nice blue color. I bet if my wife see's it I will have to keep it. Anyway I am not familiar with the newer models so I watched some vids on it. This thing screams right up to 550 and fast! But then I was thinking hey....all Weber did was make the hood shorter in height thus less space to heat. I wonder how less volume affects cooking for u guys that know how to cook? I assure u it wont affect my hot dogs at all.
Ha! You got on that quick! I was looking at that same one, I haven't decided if I want the 210 or a Q3200, looking for something small to use. I was in DC when that popped up on CR but I didn't have my truck.

Sorry Cwalker! The darn thing looked so new I thought it was too good to be true....and I still think it might explode or something....I drove from one side of our area all the way yo the other all while pretending to be at work to snag that one. Funny how there are several of us out there but we dont know who is scoring what. If it makes u feel any better I had to wheel it up a muddy snowy hill with one bad arm just knowing that I would fall and mess up my arm again. The little Russian lady was tough as nails and helped me out though :)

haha, no worries, I think I'm leaning towards the Q, I'm in the Coast Guard and will be closer to salt water sooner or later so the no rusting factor is a big appeal to me. FWIW Brickseek is showing that they have the black Spirit at Lowes in Fairfax for $157, but I haven't had any luck with brickseek so I haven't gone out to check

Wow! $157 is a crazy deal for a new one. Ya these modern grills are different animals. I had even considered the modern stuff until this last E330 that I flipped.....no disassembly......no painting......hmmmmm.........but still no soul....it was like working on a cyborg!

Back