Has anyone ever ordered a new bowl from Weber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve P. (Timmee)

TVWBB Member
I'm wondering if anyone's ever ordered a replacement bowl part # WEB3069 from Weber (I'm not talking about a warranty replacement), and if so, do you remember how much they charge? Was it a hassle?

The reason I'm asking is, I bought an older Weber 22.5" grill on craigslist, and the bowl has rusted all the way through at one of the attachment points for the legs (I didn't spot it through all the grime/soot, as the grill was pretty dirty). I'd like to be able to salvage the usable parts of the grill (basically everything but the bowl), so I can have a second grill for larger gatherings.

Steve,
I think you would be better off buying anither used grill or even a whole new grill.
Of course, call Weber and get a quote, but the price will probably be too high.
AJ

Originally posted by AJ S.:
Steve,
I think you would be better off buying anither used grill or even a whole new grill.
Of course, call Weber and get a quote, but the price will probably be too high.
AJ

Well, after a call to Weber, you were right. It's $60+ shipping, so for a little more, I might as well get a new OTS.

I can probably salvage the usable parts of the craigslist grill for a UDS. So it won't be a total loss.

$60+ sounds about like what I paid for a replacement 22" Bar-B-Kettle bowl a number of years ago. I don't know if Weber still has them in stock, though.

Steve, don't throw out the rusted bowl. If you flip it over it'll work as a lid for times you need extra clearance, although it won't seal tightly to the other bowl.

Brad

Nice job Brad. I made a nice one like that, if you have an old lid just cut off about two inches from the bottom and voila! The ring will sit on the weber and the big lid will set on that. I even drilled a hole in the ring for a probe. I thought it was a cool mod, but wasn't a big hit around here. I think you and I are just ahead of our time.
icon_cool.gif

That's a great idea! I actually still have the lid from the old bowl and the handle welds rusted, but I fixed it with some machine screws and fender washers. If it ever finally dies I just might try that!

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back