Has anyone done a PP Cuban style?

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I’m thinking of marinating my butt in this and cooking it off tomorrow AM for Sunday dinner.

Anyone have experience doing a PP Cuban style like this recipe?

Last edited:
Thinking of adding in some dark rum to the marinade.

No one has done this before? Yeah, I know it’s late on a Sat eve to get replies butt come on people. Send me some love.

I've done it a couple times. Marinade sounds pretty similar to what your recipe shows. Lots of fresh citrus and fresh ground spices/onion. I believe I've done it both times on my pellet grill as we weren't looking for big smoke. Typical butt cook, cook until stall in a pan then cover with foil. When mine were done we shredded instead of slicing.

If you search a bit I'm sure you'll find my post, we made Cuban sandwiches and then froze the rest. Tastes great on a weeknight over some black beans and quinoa. It's a great cook for when you want something just a little different. And don't forget the fries plantains!

I've done it a couple times. Marinade sounds pretty similar to what your recipe shows. Lots of fresh citrus and fresh ground spices/onion. I believe I've done it both times on my pellet grill as we weren't looking for big smoke. Typical butt cook, cook until stall in a pan then cover with foil. When mine were done we shredded instead of slicing.

If you search a bit I'm sure you'll find my post, we made Cuban sandwiches and then froze the rest. Tastes great on a weeknight over some black beans and quinoa. It's a great cook for when you want something just a little different. And don't forget the fries plantains!
It’s cooking now as a dry rub over a drip pan. Plan is to add the moisture at 165° in a floured pan with the citrus in the pan along with some dark rum.

I wanted a cross between a Cuban butt and PP. Plan is to make larger than shreds chunks for serving. And will likely broil the pieces before serving to develop more texture.

Thank you for your reply. It’s very helpful.

Well, I just knocked 18” of snow off the kettle, I’m thinking the chicken will go on the 18 for dinner…depending on what happens as the day progresses.

Back