HAPPY INDEPENDECE DAY!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get to eat store bought Q at brother in laws. Ugh.
I've got a butt to put on tomorrow though.
Hope every one a happy and safe 4th.

Don't have the brisket on - but hope to be doing a double rack of baby backs in about 4 hours !!
Happy 4'th !!

------------------
Gary, in Searcy, AR

Today will be a grilled burger and sausage day at our house, but I've got a nice brisket just waiting in the fridge. I've got the rest of the week off from work and smoking that brisket will keep me occupied tomorrow!

Have a happy holiday everyone!

Chris

No bbq for me today
frown.gif

I cooked ribs this past Saturday for my daughter and her boyfriend, and this Saturday I'm smoking a whole turkey to take with us to the beach. So today I'm eating light.

Happy 4th, everyone!

Started a brisket up at 9:30 last night, just pulled it off and wrapped it in foil and put it in a cooler for a picnic lunch. Looks and smells great. Hope it tastes as good. I used the Minion Method and it seemed to work pretty well except the I had to add a few briquettes towards the 10 hour mark. I guess I should have put more in to begin with. I'll let you know later on the flavor.
Don

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Don Hilliard:
I used the Minion Method and it seemed to work pretty well except the I had to add a few briquettes towards the 10 hour mark. I guess I should have put more in to begin with. </font> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. I put in as much as possible without the coals falling off then add about 15 lit.
Goes about 13 hours.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Billy Gardner:
I get to eat store bought Q at brother in laws. Ugh.
I've got a butt to put on tomorrow though.
Hope every one a happy and safe 4th.

</font> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got a 6 lb butt I'll put on tommorrow.
That's about as big as I can find down here.
I'll probably get another tonight and try
that mustard rub recipe. I have been using a dry rub.

Safe and happy 4th to you as well.

------------------
Couch Potato

The brisket was great. Everyone liked it and unfortunately it disappeared way to fast. Very moist for the most part. It was smoked with a combination of pecan and cherry wood. I cobbled a recipe together from three recipes; 2 TBSP's each of garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper; 1 TBSP each thyme and paprika; 1 TSP each msg and cayenne pepper and 5/8 cup brown sugar. Overall it gave the meat a nice taste that wasn't overpowering or too sweet.It was in the WSM for 12 1/2 hours. I wish I had done 2 instead of 1, but this was my first brisket and I was a little apprehensive. All in all a success.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back