Happy Birthday Paella

Gene B

TVWBB Fan
Had a joint birthday party for my mother-in-law and myself yesterday. I wanted to do another paella on the kettle. Since we have a Maine Lobster glut goin' on, I found I could get 2x live Maine lobstah for waay less than 2 frozen rock lobster tails..tough choice?

P1011325.jpg

P1011324.jpg

P1011328.jpg

P1011329.jpg

P1011331.jpg

P1011336.jpg

P1011338.jpg

Also did some beef ribs...a local crowd favorite

rib2.jpg

ribc.jpg

P1011323.jpg

Well, as it was MY birthday party, and I did all the cooking, photography, AND drinking; the plated shots, once again, exist only in my mind.
My buddy Dominic brought a bottle of Deaths Door White Whiskey, and its not pretty, but is a very happy ending.

Lag time was the upload to Photobucket while watching the game. I'm a drunk with a cooking problem...hence no plated shots, once again!

Truth be known, by BD is Wednesday. Many times it has fallen on election day, as in the day I turned 18; registered and voted on the spot!

HB Gene!
I gotta say, THIS ▼ LOOKS ▼ AWESOME!

P1011338.jpg

The ribs look TERRIFIC!! butt, next time you see your butcher, tell him NOT to cut away ALL the meat between the beef rib bones!
Great Post Gene!
icon14.png

I'm a drunk with a cooking problem...
I like it! Happy birthday and that makes wanna make some paella!
PS-what part of Maine? I grew up outside of Portland,and still have family "down east"!

I like it! Happy birthday and that makes wanna make some paella!
PS-what part of Maine? I grew up outside of Portland,and still have family "down east"!

Hi Phil,
I'm from Bryant Pond (aka Woodstock, Oxford County) Maine, 04276
This is the dead last town in the union to forgoe it's human operated crank telephone system. 1989 !!
I attended UMO and worked at the SD Warren Paper company in Westbrook for 2 summers during college.
Are you related to Lisa Perrin ?
My college roomates dad used to run the sports dept for LL Bean...major hunting and fishing content.
All of my family still lives down east, in fact I was there during the major thunderstorm airline fiasco this past summer!!

Gotta tell ya Gene..you take pretty great "drunk" pictures!!! Looks so so good! Happy late birthday! Hope the whiskey wore off!

Take care!

Back