Hanging out at the beach with my new grill

Detour through Philly on the way home?? :)

I really like my go-anywhere for travel but the Smokey Joe looks like it cooks more.
This got me thinking which was bigger the Smoky Joe or the Go Anywhere. So I checked out this thread.

It looks like the Go Anywhere is a touch bigger, but do you think the shape either grill make the space more usable?

Good times for sure, need to get 1 for my camper but not sure what size I can fit in the storage room,need to investigate further lol

As I have been driving around on my golf cart I have been paying attention to everyone else's grills. I have seen a lot of Coleman Portable grills, a LOT of Blackstone's, one Q100, and more, a lot more, then I thought I would see pellet smokers. I really was hoping to see the new Weber Traveler, but I haven't, but I saw one Napoleon portable grill, that thing was nice (way nicer then the Coleman's). I have seen a few classic kettles and one classic red head gasser on the permanent sites, but very few charcoal grills on camping sites. I talked with the guy would has the Q as he was grilling up some steaks, he said after two Coleman grills he got the Q and he will never go back, he said he hated the wobbly stand (I thought about Case in that moment) so he bought this massive stainless steel multi tier table and he said it's perfect now. I would love it too, it was awesome, it has a center section for the grill, but then a lower and a higher side table on both sides, my wife said that was an intense set up, my kids said dad would love it. He said he just has to remember to takes the grates inside when he is not camping. I also stopped and talked with a guy who had a Z grill pellet smoker and a Blackstone(he was smoking two pork shoulders). He said he has a Tragger at home, but this is his travel smoker. He said he can't believe how close the Z grill quality is for half the price. It's been fun talking grills and food with random people. I have been cooking in the back of the house for ease, but I am going out front to cook tomorrow! Last night some neighbors pulled their golf cart in a few houses down and were saying how good everything smelled so I grabbed a piece of chicken skin and shared it. That is the best part of being in the campground, people talking to each other, kids hanging out with each other, a true community.

Last edited:
Good times for sure, need to get 1 for my camper but not sure what size I can fit in the storage room,need to investigate further lol
This got me thinking which was bigger the Smoky Joe or the Go Anywhere. So I checked out this thread.

It looks like the Go Anywhere is a touch bigger, but do you think the shape either grill make the space more usable?
I prefer the go-anywhere for camping as it packs in the car better and if you cut the grill grate you can store more in it. I also feel you get more on it and is definitely easier to do two zone cooking. I use the SJ at the camp and in the back yard but usually for direct cooks. Also for my mini WSM.

After packing it up yesterday, reading others comments, and seeing Bradley's new purchase I have a little buyers remorse. The Smoky Joe grilled great, way better then I expected, but it was a little tough to transport. I remember how easy my dad's go anywhere gasser would fold up. I think it if could do it a again I would seek out a new go anywhere charcoal. Well, now I will keep an eye out for a good priced new in box go anywhere on Marketplace and I'll keep using the Smoky Joe.

After packing it up yesterday, reading others comments, and seeing Bradley's new purchase I have a little buyers remorse. The Smoky Joe grilled great, way better then I expected, but it was a little tough to transport. I remember how easy my dad's go anywhere gasser would fold up. I think it if could do it a again I would seek out a new go anywhere charcoal. Well, now I will keep an eye out for a good priced new in box go anywhere on Marketplace and I'll keep using the Smoky Joe.
Looks like you had a great time!

Looks like you had a great week! Hope you had a good trip back. As nice as it is to get away, it’s always nice to be home!

Back