Handle Seperation

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Just went out to get my WSM out of the shed for a cook tommrow; went to take the lid off and the handle pulled off of the lid on one side at the spot-weld. I noticed rust on the lid where the handle used to attach (must be these damp Northwest seasons?!) I always keep the cover on it, or in winter in the shed unless I use it...anyway any suggetions on the best way to fix my most essential Q tool?

I would either get a new lid from Weber or go to a local home depot and get a metal handle and drill a couple of holes and jury rig a new handle.

Until the rust gets the better of the lid, drill a hole right where the spot weld was and put a stainless steal nut and bolt through it. If the rust has gone to far, Dennis' solution is probably the next thing to try. A new lid is the last thing I'd do because you can probably get a whole new unit for not a lot more. So drive this one into the ground and relpace it when it is no longer safe.

I bet that is covered by Weber's Warranty. They replaced the triangle support section of my One Touch gold due to rust.

Call custoemr service and tell them what happened. They will probably send you a new lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back