Hamburg Patties 101 ???

Lately I have been making my patties with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. After I press the patty I add a pat of butter in the center surrounded by meat. Everyone loves them, though I may switch them up to salt, pepper, and onion powder. The garlic flavor really comes through almost a little too strong IMO...

I buy pre made patties (different grind on the meat) at my local butcher shop. Sea salt, Fresh cracked pepper, and light garlic powder.

Season the patties, lite the coals, and always pull them before I think there done. Eat as quick as you can when they come off the grill. IMO burgers loose there "juices" as they rest. I have always over cooked my burgers until the last couple of summers.

Dennis

I agree with you about the over cooking burgers.

I too have been guilty of always over cooking them

trying very hard to get them off the grill just a little earlier, for max juiceyness.

Never had much luck with the instant themometer been going by feel latley.

This method usually works pretty well for me...

I use 80/20, 1TBSP Worcestershire Sauce, 2TBSP Plowboy's Bovine Bold rub, dash of salt, dash of pepper. Form the patties, dimple in the center and let sit for a bit. Grill on med/high heat for 5-6 minutes a side...

During the last minute or so, with burgers "dimple" side up, fill what's left of the dimple with shredded monterey jack cheese, and then a slice of american/swiss/cheddar/whatever on top of that. Once the cheese melts, pull them.

Drizzle olive oil on the buns, sprinkle with salt and pepper....face down on the grill until toasted golden brown.

I generally use 80/20........healthy amount of Cavender's Greek Seasoning and a splash of Worstershire.......usually a big hit.

Myself......I finish by topping off with a thick slice of raw sweet onion and chedder cheese.

MMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMM GOOD!!!

I think the best beef burger is 80/20 ground chuck freshly ground straight from the butcher. 2 lbs for 4 people(I like big burgers) 2 cloves of minced garlic added to meat, a few splashes of worst sauce and form patties by hand with minimal handeling. Season with Lawrys and onion powder and pepper. Sear on both sides 6 to 7 min per side topped with 2 thick cut strips of bacon, cover that with 2 slices of your favorite cheese to hold bacon in place. Pull'em and dress'em how you like and enjoy!

I'm surprised I haven't seen a mention of pattying the burgers in a donut like shape so they don't plump unevenly. Try it it works well.

Goin' healthy... 93/07 on a bagel?
icon_biggrin.gif

Would love to see pics of the donutburger
Could also use some Crispy Cremes for a bun when using 80/20?
icon_eek.gif

I often do the test kitchen method. 2 or 3 slices of white bread torn up, a few table spoons of milk, then mash it till the bread resembles a thin batter. Add a few splashes of A-1 and mix. Mix it in with the ground beef (80-20).

I form patties with a cheap plastic press.

A few shakes of Montreal Steak Seasoning.

I forget the french term for adding bread and milk, but it allows me to BURN THEM SUCCERS for the people that want them that way, yet keep them moist and tender.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brandon N.:
Goin' healthy... 93/07 on a bagel?
icon_biggrin.gif

Would love to see pics of the donutburger
Could also use some Crispy Cremes for a bun when using 80/20?
icon_eek.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps donut was a bad choice of words.
You simply patty the burger as normal and then press the middle with your thumbs. Ever had burgers pattied perfect but plump to a round shape? Then you try and flatten them during the cook and you lose all the juices and have flare ups. This method prevents that problem.

Back