Half a Picnic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Sabino

TVWBB Member
I bought something at a Portuguese grocery that said it was " Boneless Pork Shoulder/Cushion Meat/Febras de Porco." It weighs a bit under three pound and I am assuming it is half a picnic. Anyway, I was going to do it tonight using the MM, but I had frozen it and it was still slightly solid in the center. So, I put a rub on and plan to cook it tomorrow. Any ideas how long it should take. It is a pretty dense piece of meat, so I think it should take 5+ hours with a lid temp of 250. I was going to use the MM with lump, which I haven't seen discussed too often on this board. Any words of wisdom from the congregation?

Gary yeah 1.5 - 2 hrs a lb. I use the M M all the time with lump never had a problem with it.
icon_wink.gif
Bryan

I second what Bryan says about MM and lump. Works great for me so far, very easy to maintain temp. I just did some bb ribs again today and once the temp hit 225 at the top grate closed the vents a little and I dont think it varied more than 5 degrees for the rest of the smoke except of course when I opened the lid to mop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back