Had a "day off", so....Pizza!

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I've been really busy of late, still grilling plenty, just not doing any documentation. My daughter has some friends visiting us for a few days, so she requested that I make some pizza. My nephew, who lives in Las Vegas, requested that I document the pies for him since he loves them when he comes to visit (and he's trying to get his dad to buy a pizza oven insert for his pellet grill.....)

Anyway, I got started on Monday by mixing up my NEW favorite, sourdough pizza dough (I'll put it in the recipes section when I get a sec.) Yesterday, I started off by pulling the dough out of the fridge after it's overnight cold nap, forming it into balls, and setting it to rest at room temp:

AFF32C82-A12A-417A-A4AE-63B0444401A5_1_105_c.jpeg

As usual, once I commenced actually making the pies six hours later, things were pretty fast/furious! I've settled on running my grill set at 395°, which results in a stone temp in the GMG insert at about 700-720°. The first two pies took five minutes, the last two were about 4.5 minutes.

2x Sausage (jalapeno on half):
949DBB33-AB29-4859-A690-18EB132B40FB_1_105_c.jpeg

646FA0DA-F29A-4A70-8C35-6435F68E2ABE_1_105_c.jpeg

2x pepperoni & mushrooms (sauteed in advance with salt/pepper/garlic powder to remove some moisture):

FEAFF509-5E03-4515-AD11-3E3EFE1F5D7B_1_105_c.jpeg

BFF32953-AE53-44A1-8D5D-48D46D2981F9_1_105_c.jpeg

As always seems to be the case, the last pie (pepp/mush #2) was the best one, but they were all really good. Got a great crispy bite to the pizza, and a perfect chew from the rim. I was happy, kids were happy, and, most importantly, momma was happy.

Grill on!!

Rich

This is on my list of things to do, homemade pizzas on the grill. Those look yummy minus the fungus🤣 Crust look almost text book!
Do it, Tim! On a stone, in a CI pan, however you do it.......homemade pizza is the bomb! Everyone here loves mushrooms, so they are a standard combo with the pepperoni here. If you like jalapeno, I highly recommend the Italian sausage, jalapeno, with a honey drizzle.....perfect combo of heat, sweet, and salty/savory.

As usual, once I commenced actually making the pies six hours later, things were pretty fast/furious! I've settled on running my grill set at 395°, which results in a stone temp in the GMG insert at about 700-720°. The first two pies took five minutes, the last two were about 4.5 minutes.

the only time I miss having my pellet grill is when I see your pizzas coming off the GMG insert.

Those are some tasty looking pies and it reminded me I'm over due for some outdoor pizza.

Back