Grommets for the Maverick et 732

Carlos Gregory

TVWBB Member
Hi all, I'm sure this topic has been addressed many times but I am simply trying to find some grommets I can order for my maverick et 732 to install into my WSM 22.5. Not looking to "wing" it by buying parts ....just want something out of the box ! :confused:

If you use 1/8" pipe nipples you can cap them when not in use. Get 1/2" long brass lamp nipples and the meat probes will go through. Anything longer and they won't.

Chads right. Been a few posts of people not being able to use the Maverick with the 1/4" ones....its even listed on the website not to use that size.

The grommet is a easy mod but to install you still need a hole. You can do the lamp rod quickly and easily for about 1/2 the cost and even add a cap if wanted. Takes one 5 minute trip into a HD or Lowes to get all the parts to do it.
If your going to order the grommet from Cajun Bandit you might as well order the stainless steel door at same time and save on some shipping charges :) The door is really nice and heavy and I have one on my 22 from them.

EDITED: Had 3/8 instead of 1/4 to avoid as listed on the website......typed the wrong number in...

Last edited:
Here's an alternative to feeding probes and wires through holes and grates. I've used guru grommets in my 18.5" wsm from the start, but the wire slot I cut in my 22.5" with a dremmel tool just makes things much easier.
DD499C13-7935-4D68-A72A-74B6DE2E1EE9-157-0000001266A07675_zps7ad6331a.jpg

E37D5565-AB7A-4F89-838F-4FB27F5F04AA-3064-000002C817A481B9_zpscf3c5d90.jpg

^^^ That's exactly what I did. Only I used a hand grinder instead of my Dremel as the grinding wheel made the slot in one pass.
You're right, VERY simple to use.

This what I bought from Home Depot It cost a total 0f 6 bucks. I made the hole just below the top grate so I can put the Meat probe on bottom or top rack.

IMG099.jpg
IMG100.jpg
IMG101.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mark Wilson, that's exactly what I have. I have two, one each across from the other (just because), and use little brass caps over the holes. I also have one in the lower bowl so I can use the lower bowl as a grill. Works very well.

Hi Mark,

I can't quite make out the wording on the packages as to exactly what these are. What section in Home Depot did you find them?

Thanks
Troy

This what I bought from Home Depot It cost a total 0f 6 bucks. I made the hole just below the top grate so I can put the Meat probe on bottom or top rack.

IMG099.jpg
IMG100.jpg
IMG101.jpg

You will find them in the electrical department. More specifically the area with lighting and lamps. Probably on an end cap. If all else fails, print a picture of the page and show it to one of the people in that department. They will know where to look. Good Luck.

Bob is exactly right the nipples and the other package was the nuts and washers can be found in the lighting area there for hanging lamps. I only made the one hole Both probes fit through the one fitting put the curved meat one through first than the straight Grate temp.

Back