Grills I saw at Costco

I can't see the big flat heat shield you're describing. Would like to see a photo

This is the best one I could find on line.
5a74ce4666848.jpg

As you can see, it covers most of the firebox, about a 3/8" gap between it and the front side.

I think it will leave plenty of room to get convection heat around it. BTW on Costco site it's $799

I think it will leave plenty of room to get convection heat around it. BTW on Costco site it's $799

Yes, it is a lot cheaper if you pick it up. I believe the website price is based on shipping.

Again, I am not saying this is the grill I would want or recommend. In fact, I would rather just have the grates and fit them to a classic Genesis. But, this one is at least interesting and if really all 304 stainless certainly priced aggressively.

Posted in another thread, but jumped on the genesis deal...low and behold, made in USA. Pleasant surprise after assembly :cool:

Posted in another thread, but jumped on the genesis deal...low and behold, made in USA. Pleasant surprise after assembly :cool:

I believe the "LX" version of the Genesis II is still "assembled" in the US. Of course, like many manufacturers, Weber uses a lot of Asian made parts. Still, this is a plus to me over the "lesser" Genesis IIs that are also assembled in China. While all stainless is not my absolute favorite, this Costco deal does come out pretty well if you are comparing to other brand-new Webers. I think if you care for it reasonably, you will get many years of great service. We will all be interested to hear how your initial cooks go.

Well, tax season is finally over:D! So, I had time to go with my wife on a trip to Costco. We had to patrol almost all the aisles, but I was at least able to take a brief look at the grills being offered. I was especially interested because of several posts here about grills others had looked at.

WANNABE Q GRILL

I saw the Nexgrill attempt to make a Q-like grill. Not really that bad in person but an ugly duckling that won't work with regular tanks. I did like the left/right burner configuration. Not enough to dissuade me from my attachment to Q's or to recommend one over a Q, regardless of the price.

https://www.costco.com/Nexgrill-Cast-Aluminum-Table-Top-Gas-BBQ.product.100384628.html

I saw the Nexgrill at Costco.

My mom wanted a portable gas grill. She's vegetarian, so it would mostly be for corn on the cob. I suggested the Q1000. (She didn't like the other Q models with the side tables).

She's not sure about wanting to spend that much right now.

What do you mean that the Nexgrill doesn't work with regular tanks? Where does it say that or how do you know that?

She's also considering using her gas stove with a built-in griddle. She hasn't tried it yet.

What are some of the problems you think the Nexgrill would have, over the Q1000?

Just look for a used Q1xxx grill. I bet you can find a good one for about $75 or less.

Arun,

What I had read previously were some comments from owners claiming this grill could only be used with small canisters. Maybe not true. If you find otherwise, please do post.

I think this is an OK - if rather ugly - small grill. The left-right burner setup is better than the Weber Q2200's single burner. I don't believe it is as well made, though, and it definitely won't look as good on your deck!

Just look for a used Q1xxx grill. I bet you can find a good one for about $75 or less.

Good idea.

I see some open box ones on eBay, and used ones on CraigsList, for cheaper.

I'll suggest these to her and see what she thinks.

It's a no for a used Q1000.

I saw that there could be occasional deals on eBay, so I'll keep a look out.

A question came up though. Are any of those portable 1 lb. camping gas containers, re-fillable?

They are all refillable if you have an adapter and use a 20 lb tank. I do it all the time. I bought the adapter for about $7 off amazon.

In the pictures for this grill it shows it attached to a 20 lb tank. I did not see any that had a 1lb tank attached so not sure you can without an adapter. The opposite of the Q grills.

What does everyone think of the Weber Go-Anywhere gas grill?

I see the reviews are more mixed.

For the Weber Go-Anywhere charcoal grill, they are very positive. But for the gas one, some like it, some don't.

Arun, you could try asking in the portable grill section of the forum as well. I have both the CGA and GGA and I find it is okay. Love the CGA though. Mine is an old one and I do see that a lot of people don’t like the new style grate on the new ones. I also have all three sizes of Q grills and feel it would be a better fit for what you want. Hope this helps. 🙂

Arun, you could try asking in the portable grill section of the forum as well. I have both the CGA and GGA and I find it is okay. Love the CGA though. Mine is an old one and I do see that a lot of people don’t like the new style grate on the new ones. I also have all three sizes of Q grills and feel it would be a better fit for what you want. Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the feedback.

I also didn't know there was a portable section of the forum, until now.

Back