Grillin' in the Rain...

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Started drizzlin' just after i lit the chimney... then a little harder when i got the quartered Vidalias and the sliced red garnet yams on.
Seconds later, it poured. Did not get a photo of the onions or yams on the grill, it rained so hard. I did get this shot of these Mexican chili & lime pork steaks grillin'...
DSCN2222.jpg

...and this one too.
Huddled under the four-foot overhang on the southside of the house, I managed to keep the grilled stuff dry, tho' I got pretty wet
icon_razz.gif

Green beans and more (red) onions were sautéed while the rain fell.
After gettin' outta the storm, dinner plates were filled like this.
DSCN2226.jpg

These pork steaks are fantastic! and as Mister Correll said, "Looks like the new WI food fad".
Ain't he right! OMG! L@@K at the size of that steak! It's HuMoNgOuS!
icon_biggrin.gif

And Tender And Juicy... I'm SOLD!

Thank you all for viewing, and enjoy the evening. Wet or dry.
smiley-character00203.gif

Man, you are giving pork steaks a real good name. Making them look great.

Nice dedication! Finishing in the rain. Looks like it was worth while.

I strap a beach umbrella to the railing of my deck when it rains. It's big enough to keep my grill AND me dry.

Nice job Jim - After viewing that plate I wouldn't be surprised after the next survey you voted for Pork over Beef. Great looking plate. Thanks for sharing. Bob
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Well, STL folks been grillin' pork steaks for decades, but I'd be willing to bet a Bud against a Miller that you're already turning out a better 'steak' than most local backyard grillers Jim!

And that's thinkin' out of the box with the chili lime!
Fine job!!!

Looking good, Jim.

The pork is amazing, but I got a question about the yams. Are you pre-cooking them at all or just straight on the grill?

Gotta respect the pork steak! They are a permanent fixutre in the rotation at our house as well. If I had a meat saw, i'd be cutting my own. I made them for some friends a couple weeks ago, they were amazed when I came back inside with these suckers hanging off all sides of the plate! That little crispy fat around the edges...OMG that's a little bit of alright!!

Wow Jim, I too cooked in the rain tonight. Roadside thighs. indirect. one hour, dusted with yardbird, no dousing. turned out great. pork steak soon, right after pizza this weekend.BTW your cook looks awesome as usual.

...what a glorious feeling -- another Lampe post! Yeah, I could use a decent overhang myself, or a carport. btw, lovin' the sweet taters and pork...

Do you have the recipe that you used for these? I just picked a few up to try out and was thinking of slicing them for soft tacos / burritos. Chili lime sounds like the perfect marinade for them.

Thanks

Brian

Back