Grill grates on the EX6

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
Thinking about ordering up some grill grates for the SmokeFire any thoughts on the best set up? I’m thinking about trying to do 2’-0” of grates and leaving the left grate alone?
hows clean up on these? Any info would be grate!! 😀

I have a 2 year old set that I bought for my Rec Tec mini and used on all 3 of my pellet poopers and my Performer. They're 15" long and 2 panels wide - 11". That's enough for me and the wife. I'm very happy with them but tend to use them upside down to get more meat seared. I don't worry about grill marks. I hit them with a grill brush when they're hot and that's my only cleanup. I like your coverage plan.(y) Keeping a cooler zone is always good - except when it's not. :LOL:

My after-market stainless grates from my Genesis Silver B fir perfectly in my SF EX4. I wonder if 2 gas grill grates would work. Do the EX4 and EX6 have the same grate length? If so, I bet would work.

Bumping this up. Anyone use grill grates on their smokefire? I don't care much for the "grate" side, but the "flat" side would seem much better at getting an even sear.

Yes, that will work, but you will need to move your food around to avoid oval "blank" spots from the holes in the GrillGrates. I have used GrillGrates occasionally on my RecTec. It works, but I still think my gas grill with a smoker tube or box with chips or pellets underneath the grates does better for hot and fast grilling.

Bumping this up. Anyone use grill grates on their smokefire? I don't care much for the "grate" side, but the "flat" side would seem much better at getting an even sear.
I set them up to the right of the fire box, flat side up. It works for me at 500° but I think you want more searing than I do so you might go to 600°. My 3 GrillGrates measure 15" by 15" and that gives me a grilling station for the 2 of us. You may need bigger. Just give them time to get up to temp. I check their temp with a laser therm..

Back