Grill cover Silver B

What other ones are there?
I was not but I happened to be restoring a Spirit E210 for the ex-wife when I saw your post.

I'm not sure if there are any others available right now but I will look in it. If there isn't just let me know what you want and I'll find it sooner or later

I already have several but I still search to see what comes up.

I'm not sure if there are any others available right now but I will look in it. If there isn't just let me know what you want and I'll find it sooner or later

I already have several but I still search to see what comes up.
Here is one in Palm Springs.
You'd have to ask if they would ship it.

Screenshot_20240902_161118_Samsung Internet.jpg

Happened to find this on my Amazon Vine program (for free) so will see how it is. They have a bunch of different measurement versions but this one seemed close

BRIVIC Grill Cover for Outdoor Grill, BBQ Gas Grill Cover, Barbecue Cover, Waterproof, Anti-UV, Rip-Proof, Fade Resistant Material, Heavy Duty, (55.1" W x 23.1" D x 42" H, Black & Black)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D86LWK9Y?tag=tvwb-20

So I got the above grill cover from Amazon and it is a bit too big and sloppy for my Silver B. Hits the ground as shown in picture. As it was free, I will keep it and I just cut off about 4 inches from the bottom. This style is pretty lightweight vs the last Amazon one I had, for what it's worth. It has a second inner layer of "silver" for some reason. We'll see how long it lasts. I'm guessing not more than a couple years.

I'm gonna see if there are any of the ~51 inchers available to me, as I think those might be best as someone else suggested above.

20240907_162656.jpg20240907_163007.jpg

So I got the above grill cover from Amazon and it is a bit too big and sloppy for my Silver B. Hits the ground as shown in picture. As it was free, I will keep it and I just cut off about 4 inches from the bottom. This style is pretty lightweight vs the last Amazon one I had, for what it's worth. It has a second inner layer of "silver" for some reason. We'll see how long it lasts. I'm guessing not more than a couple years.

I'm gonna see if there are any of the ~51 inchers available to me, as I think those might be best as someone else suggested above.

View attachment 99523View attachment 99524
That's about how the one claimed to fit my Genesis Silver B fit. Terrible. Had some back and forth with the manufacturer who ultimately refunded my purchase price and let me keep this useless cover.

That's about how the one claimed to fit my Genesis Silver B fit. Terrible. Had some back and forth with the manufacturer who ultimately refunded my purchase price and let me keep this useless cover.
Yeah I found two others on my Vine program that are a little smaller. Will see how those look. The cover "works" now that I've trimmed some off the bottom but kinda looks like the guy still wearing the baggy and pleated Dockers that are two sizes too big and 3 inches too long, cinched up with a belt at his waist. Yes he is getting the same functionality of wearing pants, but it looks like trash

So these are the two "smaller" covers they sent me to review. All I can say, glad I didn't pay money for these because if I did I would return them. They're pretty thin, almost like a "tarp" thickness, and as you can see, even though they claim to be smaller.

First one (description from Amazon) "Measures 51"W x 27"D x 42"H, compatible with Weber 7139 gas grill cover, Spirit II 300 Series, Spirit SX 300 series, Spirit 200 series (with side mounted controls). Also fits most 2 to 3-burner outdoor grills of popular grill brands such as compatible with Charbroil, Nexgrill, Kenmore, and more. Please measure your grill before purchasing"

20240913_173116.jpg

Second one:

Grill Cover for Outdoor Grill, BBQ Gas Grill Cover, Barbecue Cover, Waterproof, Anti-UV, Rip-Proof, Fade Resistant Material, Heavy Duty, (52" W x 25.8" D x 42.8" H, Black & Brown)​

20240913_173316.jpg

They're both sloppy

Part of it is that they're so "deep" and the Silver B isn't that "deep". I also think these Chinese sellers probably just list the same product under multiple listings and maybe they figure that if it's a little large, no biggie, it still "fits" those measurements stated, just like if I put a XXL T-shirt on my L-sized body, the shirt "fits over me"

Look a lot like 100 gallon trash bags to me.

Yeah, almost! They're a fair bit thicker of course, but yes they certainly aren't as thick as the one I've had for the past 5+ years (which itself was an aftermarket Amazon one, not an OEM Weber. I was just looking at the Weber website and there are a number of 1-star reviews for those too, saying they are way thinner than they used to be and certainly not a "Premium Cover" for almost a hundred bucks!

Oh, OK, yah just like everything with a Weber logo on it, they are expensive. I thought maybe you were saying those aftermarket covers were nearly $100.

I bought a King Kong cover 4-5 years ago and had it on a grill. It seemed to be made of some kind of rubbery material and it kept the rain and stuff out great but it just didn't breath at all.

I bought a King Kong cover 4-5 years ago and had it on a grill. It seemed to be made of some kind of rubbery material and it kept the rain and stuff out great but it just didn't breath at all.
That's always been my take on their covers. They would probably work a lot better in a drier climate then in humid, damper ones where I have lived. I know some do not at all like the newer Weber covers, but they do breathe well. Not going to stop all the rain, but they will dry out underneath much better.

Other than the tan covers I have on both the Weber Flame and Big Z I don't recall or memorize brands because they come and go on Amazon so quickly

So these are the two "smaller" covers they sent me to review. All I can say, glad I didn't pay money for these because if I did I would return them. They're pretty thin, almost like a "tarp" thickness, and as you can see, even though they claim to be smaller.

First one (description from Amazon) "Measures 51"W x 27"D x 42"H, compatible with Weber 7139 gas grill cover, Spirit II 300 Series, Spirit SX 300 series, Spirit 200 series (with side mounted controls). Also fits most 2 to 3-burner outdoor grills of popular grill brands such as compatible with Charbroil, Nexgrill, Kenmore, and more. Please measure your grill before purchasing"

View attachment 99972

Second one:

Grill Cover for Outdoor Grill, BBQ Gas Grill Cover, Barbecue Cover, Waterproof, Anti-UV, Rip-Proof, Fade Resistant Material, Heavy Duty, (52" W x 25.8" D x 42.8" H, Black & Brown)​

View attachment 99971

They're both sloppy

Part of it is that they're so "deep" and the Silver B isn't that "deep". I also think these Chinese sellers probably just list the same product under multiple listings and maybe they figure that if it's a little large, no biggie, it still "fits" those measurements stated, just like if I put a XXL T-shirt on my L-sized body, the shirt "fits over me"
The fit is similar to my experience with a chinese cover that I wrote about earlier.

This is true. The material is almost like the soft top on my old Jeep. Not quite as thick but similar. It doesn't leak at all but it can (and has) trapped condensation during the right weather conditions. The bottom of the cover sits a few inches off the deck so there is a little air gap.

The cover is a double edge sword. I use it to keep the sun off the grill (don't want the control panels and lid to fade - though the lid prob won't since it's burgundy). But it sometimes traps condensation - not good.

Back