Grill/BBQ Book

Matt Q

TVWBB Fan
Now that I have a bit of extra time at home due to COVID-19, does anyone have good grilling and BBQ books that they can recommend? I currently have Franklin BBQ book, Raichlen’s BBQ bible, and Meathead’s book.

Now that I have a bit of extra time at home due to COVID-19, does anyone have good grilling and BBQ books that they can recommend? I currently have Franklin BBQ book, Raichlen’s BBQ bible, and Meathead’s book.
That probably covers everything that needs covering.

BBQ books are like bread baking books. Everyone has a different method and a good reason for it.
Anyway, you might want to add this one:

7E4C627A-8AF4-4BE3-854E-CA30DC27BC0A.jpeg

Franklin's book is a good resource. I also like Steven Raichlen's Project Smoke, Michael Symon's Playing With Fire, and Smoke & Spice by Cheryl and Bill Jamison.

Someone recently gave me a copy of Meathead's book and one by Myron Mixon. I have just glanced at both and haven't really given them a deep read yet.

For shame, no one is mentioning Weber's books by Jamie Purviance. I have about a dozen of them and love everyone. I also have about 70 or 80 grilling books by other authors. My favorite kind of cookbooks and enjoy them all.

Chris Schlesinger and John Willoughby have quite a few books that are very good, like "Let The Flames Begin" and "The Thrill of the Grill" to name a couple. I also like Rich Browne's books, especially the ones with recipes from all around the world, like, "1,001 Best Grilling Recipes" and "The Best Barbecue on Earth."

Franklin's book is a good resource. I also like Steven Raichlen's Project Smoke, Michael Symon's Playing With Fire, and Smoke & Spice by Cheryl and Bill Jamison.

Someone recently gave me a copy of Meathead's book and one by Myron Mixon. I have just glanced at both and haven't really given them a deep read yet.
Ditto on Project Smoke and Smoke & Spice!

Thank you for all of the suggestions. Looks like I have a lot of quarantine reading to do! Staying safe and learning more about BBQing

J., I can't believe I did it again. Yes, I did forget all about that thread. Thanks so much for the reminder. LOL!!

E954220B-F696-4DA4-83A6-1D769788A46E.jpeg
Here’s my collection from that other thread. As you can see, I’m a big fan of Jamie Purviance. I’ve added a couple since this was taken, another APL and another Purviance.

Shame on me, I don't have any of Adams books. But, I do have 2 of his recipes. One, "Ultimate BBQ Chicken with Pineapple BBQ Sauce". It says Rachael Ray, don't know if it was from her show or magazine. The other one is from the book you have, Serious Barbecue. It was printed in the Chile Pepper mag. back in 2009, "Charred Thin Asian Pork Chops". They both sound good. I think I will put them both in the make soon folder. Thanks for mentioning him.

Back