Griddle for Genesis 1000

Jeff Canto

TVWBB Member
Looking for options for a griddle for the Genesis, does anyone know if there was one made for this grill and what the part number would be? And anyone using the “Little Griddle” from BBQ guys and what’s your experience and how does it fit. I’d really like to find an option that’s not on top of the grates. Something that replaces one grate if possible. Thanks for the help!

The Weber 1000, later Genesis B/C and current 3 burner Spirit models have the same grate dimension. So any griddle for these will fit yours.

I have the Sizzle-Q SQ180 that I bought off Amazon.
Not as fancy as the Little Griddle, but it's all stainless and is less than $50.

Anyone have a link to a griddle that would fit a Genesis 1000 similar to the discontinued Weber Grill Part 7542?

Thanks

It helps to be in highly populated areas. I have gotten a few things from Amazon, but their standard two day shipping policy gets stretched more often than not the last couple years. If you have an Amazon warehouse in your back yard, you will get a lot of one day deliveries.

I ordered something similar: Grill Valueparts 17.5 Grill Griddle Grate for 7598 Weber Spirit 300 Spirit E310 E320 E330 E315 S315, Spirit II 2 E310, Genesis Silver B/C, Genesis Gold B/C, Genesis Platinum, Genesis 1000-5000

Was not a huge fan. I had some marinated meat to cook on it, and it took forever too cook. I needed a flat top because the meat would have fallen through the grates.

Since mine is cast iron, when I let it heat up and then threw the first batch on there, it was fine. But when I had thrown the second batch on, the cast iron lost a lot of it's heat first the first batch.

So my options are something that heats up quicker (not cast iron), or put it directly on the FB's, so it heats up quicker in between cooks. That's my 2 cents.

So my options are something that heats up quicker (not cast iron), or put it directly on the FB's, so it heats up quicker in between cooks.
The key here is to get as much "heat capacity" as possible. I don't know that that's the technical term, but what I mean is the bulk specific heat of the material times its mass. There's nothing inherently wrong with cast iron, it's just that you're sucking all the heat out of it and it doesn't have time to recover before you're trying to use it again.

Those heavy cast iron type griddles would heat up best if placed on the side where a sear burner is located. The pictures of the Weber crafted griddle seem to always have the griddle located on the sear burner side.

I put my griddle on the Gen I 300 on the sear burner side. Since my griddle is GGs flat side (made of quicker heating aluminum), my problem is more often having the griddle too hot. I've turned some smashburgers into carbon by overdoing it.

If you don't have a sear burner, it would take longer to get the heavy CI griddle up to screaming hot searing temps. But would be good for less extreme cooks like shrimp, veggies and breakfast.

The key here is to get as much "heat capacity" as possible. I don't know that that's the technical term, but what I mean is the bulk specific heat of the material times its mass. There's nothing inherently wrong with cast iron, it's just that you're sucking all the heat out of it and it doesn't have time to recover before you're trying to use it again.

Yup, that's exactly it. It sucked up all the heat from my first cook, and took so long to reheat. So if it's just 1 think I want to cook, I'm fine. But multiple cooks, doesn't work for me.

So I seasoned the griddle:

Wash thoroughly with soap and water- let dry

Rub down with corn oil and wipe clean

Heat on the grill - approximately 450 degrees for 30 minutes and let cool, repeat two more times.

And today I sliced up 5 medium yellow onions and coated them lightly with canola oil- grilled on low-low-low (about 400 degrees) for 45 minutes and added some German bratwurst.

Life’s simple pleasures are the best:

275963A8-CE92-48AB-9509-0AA15A97C923.jpeg

Back