Greetings from Virginia Beach

Jeremy V-ret

Hello all I'm Jeremy! I just moved from the high deserts of Nevada to Virginia about 14 days ago. Since I had a little extra money left over from the move I decided to purchase a 22.5 WSM which is out for delivery right now :) I've been reading a ton of posts and doing some research on mods that I think will make my smoking a little easier. From my reading I figured I should go big with this so I also bought the replacement door, Maverick, gasket set, DigiQ, and some other stuff that I can't think of right now but it will be a nice surprise when it gets delivered. Hopefully I will get near the same results as you all.

Lets see a little about me. I'm 30 and have been active duty Navy for almost 9 years now. I'm expecting my first child in December and we recently found out its going to be a baby girl. I am also a HUGE cigar nut and belong to stogiefriends my last name is my screen name over there if any of you are into cigars. That's one thing that I don't see too much people talking about. Smoking meat and having a great cigar while you do it is something that makes the experience even better. Some Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale is just the icing on the cake ;)

Anyways enough rambling looking forward to meeting everyone and getting some great meat in my belly.

~Jeremy~

Welcome to the group Jeremy . Navy and high desert don't really go together in my head. They must be making ships smaller these days lol. Hope you enjoy your years of active smoking on the WSM.

Welcome Aboard. 21 yrs retired Army Aviation here. Congrats on the new baby ...and new toys. It sounds like you went all out!

Too bad Wood Chicks BBQ in Chesapeake closed back in Jul.

Last edited:
Welcome Jeremy, share your passion for cigars

Running low now after the summer, but they are very good :)

Beautiful stash Svein! I'm not sure about the rules for posting from other forums but I'll leave a link here for when I posted my stash back in Feb. Its grown since then :)

http://www.stogiefriends.com/forum/thread/1234/show-me-your-stash/view_23192/

-------------------------------------

Shortly after posting the FedEx man came with the WSM! Took me about 30 minutes to get it together but I was taking my time. The door was a little tweaked but I'm not worried as I got it mostly back to normal and I have the replacement SS door coming tomorrow or Wed. It's definitely a lot bigger than I thought it would be, but I'm excited. The wife wants to call it "Magnum" since I put the cover on it and it reminds her of....Well you know.......

Just waiting on the gaskets and I'll be trying her out hopefully in a couple of days. No pictures since I haven't found my camera since the move but I'm sure it will pop up in one of the remaining boxes.

------------------------------------------------

Fallon Nevada is a training base for pilots and CAGs so no ships, lol. I stick with the aviation side of the Navy and only go on ships when they make me ;) Since I'm back on sea duty though, it should be comming up soon :(

No I haven't but I will add it to my wishlist, it looks like a very interesting read.

The problem I've had with forums is once you belong to a forum for your hobby you can't help but acquire a lot of what the forum is about. I've already seen it here with all the members who have more than 5 grills. I only had about 20 cigars before I joined my first cigar forum and since then my stash has grown. I already want another Weber for use with steaks and burgers so I'm pretty sure I'll have at least 3 by the end of the year :)

I'm not too sure of my schedule since I haven't checked into my new command yet but I'm hoping to get at least a couple of months of use before I leave. My brother is 20 minutes away from me so I'm pretty sure he will use it from time to time in my absence. Can't have a grill just sitting around you know.

Welcome aboard Jeremy and thank you for serving!

Thanks for the Welcome Mike and everyone else. Seems like a really cool place here and I've been basically reading every single article from starting it up to shutting it down. There is so much information here its almost crazy! I didn't even know these things go back to the 80's till today!

Back