Greetings from Vancouver, Canada!

Jas E

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello everyone! I just scaled up my smoker capabilities this summer and welded together a Big Baby smoker from a few food grade barrels. Unfortunately, I only got one good cook in before a complete fire ban came down due to the extreme drought conditions we are experiencing. Doh! Luckily, I am still allowed to use my natural gas Weber Summit grill, so I bought a little smoker box for that. Not the same, but the best I can do until the fire ban is lifted.

al9VSKs.jpg

I also participate over on the HeaterMeter board, where I build and sell HeaterMeter devices for the community.

mIqweZN.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jas and welcome to the forum! I love Vancouver, I lived there for 14 yrs in Kits. It's by far the most beautiful city in Canada.

Welcome aboard Jas. Interesting build and love those HeaterMeters.

I can't wait to use my HeaterMeter on a cook in the new smoker. This smoker takes real wood, not charcoal, so it may present a few new challenges for longer cooks.

Welcome, Jas! That is quite a smoker you built.

It has been extraordinarily dry in the Pacific Northwest. We typically are dry and hit on this side of the state, but it is rare to have it be so on the west side. Hang in there!

Back