Greetings from Ontario, Canada!

Michelle W

Hi Everyone.. in my search for a smoker, I happened upon this forum and I'm glad I did. The wealth of information and friendliness is great to see. I purchased my first Weber (a Jumbo Joe) last year for my foray into smoking ribs. This year I've decided to move up to a WSM. I bought the WSM 18.5" but am having second thoughts about switching it to a 14.5" :confused:

I look forward to smoking alot more this summer and learning from everyone. I hope to attempt my first pork butt smoke soon.

Welcome aboard Michelle. I wouldn't trade my 18.5 for the 14.5 personally. If the 14.5 was out when I bought mine I may very well have ended up with it instead though.

Toss a pork butt on and let us know how it turns out.

Welcome to the group Michelle. I'd stick to the 18.5 just for the extra space for when your friends all start showing up for weekend BBQ. Ontario is a big province can you narrow down that location a bit?

Welcome, Michelle. If you can afford it, keep them both. I have the 22 1/2 and the 14 1/2 and use them both regularly. The little guy doesn't take up too much room.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Who knew choosing a bbq size would be so hard. :wsm: .. by the way I love the weber smiley!

Bob.. I'm from Toronto.

Welcome to the forum M !
Once word of your BBQ prowess spreads throughout the North Country, you will be glad you have the 18.5 !

Welcome Michelle! I have the 18.5" WSM for just my lovely wife and myself and have ZERO regrets (of course, the 14.5" WSM wasn't out when I bought mine, but who cares!).

It's all good - the 18.5" is a great compromise between the 22.5" and 14.5" WSMs!

Back