Greek style chicken kebab

Steven Burton

I saw this recipe in the BBC good food guide so had to give it a go and it turned out great.

Marinade 12 chicken thighs (1kg) in Garlic, Lemon Juice and peel, olive oil, paprika, cinnamon, all spice, black pepper and salt for 24 hours

Then add them to 2 skewers. I cooked indirect for about 50 mins with one small piece of pecan wood.

WOW! Great grill skills and the plate looks like it has a lot of flavor profiles on it....nicely done!

steve. outstanding cook. good enough that I logged in just to give you compliments and ask if you could send/post the link. incredible looking pitwork. thanks.

don't lift the lid...

Wow, that is a creative way to do thighs. I use a similar marinade I got from Tom Douglas , restaurant owner in Seattle. No cinnamon (might have to add that) and I use fresh oregano and some red pepper flakes . I am goign to have to run to Costco and get some boneless thighs!

Steven that looks awesome! Great job on the skewering. Put that bad boy on a rotisserie and you've got a proper chicken shawarma.
I've been wanting to do a lamb shawarma for a while now but haven't had much luck finding the right cut of meat, you've motivated me to look harder and maybe do a chicken one meanwhile. Thanks for posting!

Steve - great job. I too am inspired to spin this up on the rotisserie. That just might be a project for this weekend. Thanks for posting...

Regards,

John

Back