Greek chicken kabobs and grilled veggies

They both look very good, but I was just wondering what you put on the chicken.
This cook was 4 boneless skin on breasts and 5 boneless skin on thighs.

SPG
Zest and juice of two fresh lemons
Evoo
Oregano
Ground rosemary powder

Chicken cut into large chunks so they stay juicy (around 5-7 pieces per breast and these were very large ones). Thighs cut into 4 piece.

Add all ingredients, and mix well with your hands to ensure even seasoning distribution across all the pieces.

Countertop marinade for 30 minutes as you prepare your grill to get coals hot.

You can sear the chicken to start and then move to indirect or start indirect and finish with a sear. I did the latter.

If reverse searing, your cook time on the chicken will be 20-25 minutes with your grill around 400/425°. You want the breasts at 145 to then sear them. This way theylll finish at 155-160. Don’t overcook the breast meat as it’ll dry out.

Remove at 155° and place in a tray and tent it.

All the veggies were unadulterated. Just placed on the grill as is, indirect for the first 25 minutes and then seared for some char.

The lemon halves need a few minutes indirect and then quickly seared on direct.

Juice the grilled lemon over the chicken and veggies and enjoy.

The dark meat will be the correct temp so long as you don’t overcook the white meat. So just take care of the white meat and the dark meat will be perfect. Sear the dark meat pieces as well as the white.

Thanks for the deets.

Do you buy boneless skin on? Or do you remove the bones?
Yesterday at Winco, chicken prices were odd.

Whole chickens were $1.49#.
Chicken thighs, bone in were $1.59#.
Boneless skinless breasts were $3.99#
Split breasts, bone in were $1.39#.

I just bought the bone in thighs as I prefer to debone them myself for quality reasons and I want the bones for bone stock.

And I bought the split breasts as they’re quite big in size and we prefer the skin on AND I get bones for bone stock.

So, I bought all bone in and did the deboning. Very easy task, especially if you have a trimming knife (flexible blade). And because you’re getting stock bones, you have a near zero waste product.

I used some frozen stock for the rice as it gives a nice flavor boost. I just freeze the stock in 1 and 2 cup measured ziplocks.

One you debone either thighs or breasts, you can process the chicken pretty quickly at home. It’s pretty easy.

Nice char and colour on the grub.....my MRS gets a bit picky when they start looking like that but I know it tastes great.
We scrape the pepper and tomatoes before consuming them. Too much carbon in your body isn’t good or needed. I was just lazy and didn’t do them all since our guests are all adults. Kinda done doing the kiddie parenting stuff 😂

We scrape the pepper and tomatoes before consuming them. Too much carbon in your body isn’t good or needed. I was just lazy and didn’t do them all since our guests are all adults. Kinda done doing the kiddie parenting stuff 😂
Glad to hear that. I do worry about that regarding some of the photo's of some of the food's posted here. (not yours).

Back