Great Deal?? on Weber Genisis

RandyE

TVWBB Member
I finally started looking for a weber gaser a few weeks ago. After getting sticker shock on the(retail) Genisis series I decided to take a look at craigs list. I found a few used units that seemed to be in good shape but then expanded my search from the Atlanta area over to Birmingham, AL. A guy was listing a brand new still in the box Genisis 330 special edition(side burner and searer) After a little negotiation I got it for $475 and he met me half way. He had got it as a wedding gift and had not ever opened it. He also has a green egg that he uses and did not have room for both. So of course we had to talk smoking for a bit.

I Got it put together a couple of nights ago and broke it in with some beef burgers and turkey burgers. Delicious! Now on to some chicken. Thanks, just needed to share.

I also have a weber smoker but have not been on here for a while. Great forum.

Great deal for a great grill!!

The Weber Genesis series is the best gas grill there is in my opinion. Very even cooking at all temps over the entire grate surface. It is the perfect gas grill.

I have a Genesis and a Weber Kettle and a WSM smoker. Have had many other brands of all three types over the years and Weber is by far the best! I even designed a custom cooking space on my deck for my Webers.

I bought a Genesis for my son-in-law a few weeks ago and he agrees that it is the best he has ever used.

Congratulations!

Nice Phil.

All you need now is a wet bar and fridge and you'll be all set
icon_wink.gif

Phil, your grill garden looks great! May I make a suggestion for safety? Put down about 18" worth of non flammable tile over the wood deck in front of your kettle and WSM.I know a guy who lost his house a few years back from sparks and embers landing on his wood deck.

@ Bob,I never play with charcoal without the hose or fire extinguisher nearby. When using the chimney,I've lost a couple sparks,and hosed the whole area down heavily just to make sure.

Back