Great Cast Iron Griddle for the Silver A

I wanted to add a cast iron griddle to the grilling arsenal. I looked over a bunch of different options and ended up buying the Lodge 15x12 cast iron griddle platter ($30). It fits great on the Jumbo Joe but more importantly perfectly replaces one of the grates on the Silver A.
Lodge-Griddle-on-a-Weber-Genesis-Silver.jpg

I have used it to cook up breakfast...
Breakfast-from-a-Weber-Griddle.jpg

Make some potato pancakes...
Amazing-Potato-Pancakes.jpg

And some pretty awesome blackened catfish.
Beautiful-Catfish.jpg

I love this griddle! It's a pretty sweet modification if you have a Silver A!

I love being able to cook everyday food outside. I like it being dished but I also like my flat ones and being able to scrap off the gunk in to the grill. I just leave them in the grill, just like the grates.

Thanks for sharing....I missed that model when I was searching.

Is there a cast iron griddle that fit the Silver B? The Lodge Double Play Large Reversible Grill Griddle is only 16.75", which about .5" short. I guess I could put on the of the grate.

Last edited:
Is there a cast iron griddle that fit the Silver B? The Lodge Double Play Large Reversible Grill Griddle is only 16.75", which about .5" short. I guess I could put on the of the grate.

I concur. The length of my Weber Silver Genesis-B cast iron rack is 17.25". Can someone confirm the overall length of the OP's Lodge Pan? I've been torn between buying a replacement Pampered Chef stone cookie sheet or buying a CI sheet like this Lodge. My original stone sheet cracked when I used it in my pre-heated 575F gasser (on top of the grate) and placed two 12 oz room temp rib-eyes on it.

Back