Grease spots on Performer deck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonnie Mac

TVWBB Fan
So I build Space Stations for a living, but I can't get the grease spots off of my Performer work table! Think I have tried everything I know... My Performer lives outside with no cover, so I know that is an issue in itself, but dang, maybe I am sloppy I don't know, but I do know I can't ever completely remove the little grease stains that seem to attract to the plastic work table... Is there a clue that I am missing?

What is everyone else doing?

Lonnie - I use some 409 Kitchen Cleaner w/ Bleach (can't remember the exact brand). Works like a charm.

Every time I use my Performer, I take a wet rag with me. Using a bbq glove, I wipe down the lid of the kettle which heats up the rag and basically steam cleans the lid. Then I immediately use that hot rag to wipe down the table. Works like a charm.

They may or may not remove your stain but it will prevent a new one from forming.

I had this same problem and put it to this forum a couple of years ago. I was advised to try Bartenders Friend, a cleaning solution. i did and it worked okay but did not remove the entire stain. I now have better luck with Soft Scrub Gel with Bleach. Leave it on for a few minutes then scrub off. It sometimes takes a couple of times but it has done a good job for me.

Great suggestions fellas...

Just so happens that I have a ton of Barkeepers Friend, Star San and such... Might try that. Think my biggest fault is that the Performer lives out in the Texas sun, and I have not been too diligent with my cleaning. The stains go so deep. I'll give these things a try... My next step actually will be a stainless steel insert into the top if that don't do it... Actually I think I will anyway!

i really think that the plastic table just doesn't belong in this application. thats why i'm gonna hold out for a ss model.

I keep a large poly cutting board on my table, toppped with a tempered glass cutting board for the hot stuff that I may want to set on it.
This protects most of it from stains too.
000_0201.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back