Grease catch pan source???

I
I've bought that brand before, they're fine. I actually prefer the aftermarket ones since Weber started including that aluminum pan instead of the black porcelain coated one. The aftermarket ones look more original.
I like that they don't stand out as much being all black besides the liner. When they shift a little and get a little crooked it bothers my OCD.

I've bought that brand before, they're fine. I actually prefer the aftermarket ones since Weber started including that aluminum pan instead of the black porcelain coated one. The aftermarket ones look more original.
So wait, were the Original Genesis 1000 catch pans black, or were they shiny aluminum?

I always thought they were shiny because it looks so good contrasted with the drip pan in photos, but I’ve picked up a couple 1000’s that have a black catch pan and I’ve been confused about it.

So wait, were the Original Genesis 1000 catch pans black, or were they shiny aluminum?

I always thought they were shiny because it looks so good contrasted with the drip pan in photos, but I’ve picked up a couple 1000’s that have a black catch pan and I’ve been confused about it.
The original ones were black. They started including the aluminum pan in the replacement part like twenty years ago I want to say.

This is very interesting. I have a thick porcelain one now that came with a Genesis 3000 and I was so perplexed why that would be “aftermarket” but the rest of the grill was obviously all original, but now knowing this it makes perfect sense.

But I still think the “current” silver color makes it “pop” hanging below the black drip tray, from an aesthetic point of view.

The original ones were black. They started including the aluminum pan in the replacement part like twenty years ago I want to say.

And now I just come across this to add another layer to the silver/black catch pan dataset.

I noticed this in the Skyline Brochure that the “black drip pan” has a color matched “black catch pan” (Black Drip Pan models like Genesis 1000-5000, Skyline 1200/3200, Silver B/C).
Then the “Silver Drip Pan” has a color matched “silver catch pan”, just like the Silver A models.

So maybe that’s when they started to create them, with the Skyline 520, then continued on with the Silver A.

IMG_0160.jpeg

Back