Grandson's Weber grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Blakesgrill.jpg

My barbecue crazy grandson, Blake, will be 11 next month.

So, from Gramps he is getting his own 22.5 OTS.

Found it on CL for $14. It's a 2003, and needs cleaning, and a new cook grate, but seems to be in great shape.

Has anyone found a source for plastic leg caps other than from Weber? I need one for this grill, and another one that I own.

Bob

Originally posted by Bob Correll

Has anyone found a source for plastic leg caps other than from Weber? I need one for this grill, and another one that I own.

Ace or Tru-Value carries them.

Tim

most hardware stores will carry leg caps of some sort. i install a caster insert. has to be filed down a little to fit. good protection but out of sight. for me i install a caster into it when i want to move the kettle and then take it out when i get where i want it. i file down the inside so its easy to insert the caster and then take it out.

I found my 22" OTS in the trash at my old apartment complex. The legs weren't put on correctly and it caused the wheels to fall off. I went to a local true value, bought a new hinged cooking grate (was not going to cook directly on something pulled out of a dumpster) and a cover. I asked them "do you know know where I can find just the wheel caps?" and the guy just gave me a couple of them, no charge.

One complete grill for next to nothing.

The thing that really gets me about this, it was an '08 grill! Barely used! Who would dumpster that? Well, they did use the ash catcher INSIDE the kettle, which melted it (and Weber send me a new one for free).

Anyways, enough rambling, if you find a nice guy at your local true value, you might get Weber OEM caps for free.

I hope the kid likes the grill! Be sure to teach him to use a chimney starter from the get-go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back