Graduation Cook

Tony Hunter

TVWBB Pro
I did a cook today for a graduation party. Not for kids... adults who just got their MBA's. I did Pulled Pork, Brats, Hot dogs, Baked Beans, Coles Slaw and chips. I don't have pics of the brats or the pork after being pulled but here are some shots I did get...

Graduation Cook

The butts were tasty, moist and smellin' up the neighborhood!
icon_cool.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
The other stuff was great too but the guests were devouring the pork... it was excellent.

Tony

Looks good Tony. How many did you have to feed?

I have a High School graduation for my neighbors and they want food for 300. They only want pulled pork, cole slaw, and hog apple beans Keri C style. I figure about 5 triple batches of her recipe.

Originally posted by Matt Savage:
Looks great! Just curious why so close to the garage. Was it to protect from the rain, wind, or ...?

Matt,

Yeah, it was about to rain pretty hard... but it didn't. So, I just let them stay there. Heck, do you know how much money I save on air fresheners by doing that? There nothing like the essence of pork to make your house smell great!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Jeff T Miller:
Looks good Tony. How many did you have to feed?

I have a High School graduation for my neighbors and they want food for 300. They only want pulled pork, cole slaw, and hog apple beans Keri C style. I figure about 5 triple batches of her recipe.

Wow! I only had to feed 60... 300 for your cook? Dude, you're a machine!
icon_biggrin.gif

It is my neighbor who is a friend of mine. They love BBQ and their son told me last year he wanted me to cater it. When I first gave them a price they wanted to feed 200. They now want sides for 300. They sell food at the school football games and they sell some shredded chicken sandwich. They are getting some that chicken to feed 100.

My neighbors got together with a couple of other graduating students parents and are putting on a shindig across the street. They are going to rent a large circus tent and put up in the back yard.

There is a bar off the beaten path around here that looks like an old barn. It is pretty much on farmland and surrounded by field. They hold a bike night there every Wednesday. It has been said by many that they had 3000 bikes there several times. I am going to try to get permission to sell some Q there.

Tony,

Great Job! You're making me really hungry. By the way what is the foil under the analog thermometer on the domes for. Also I see one of the doors is foiled. Is that for easy clean up?

Just curious.

Jonny

I did all the cooking for my wife's graduation party we had for her MBA almost two years ago. It was in my pre-WSM days, but the kettle and Genesis Silver C both got a good workout.

I did a brisket and turkey breast for our Super Bowl Party this year. Now my neighbors want be to cook for the neighborhood block party.
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Jonny K:
Tony,

Great Job! You're making me really hungry. By the way what is the foil under the analog thermometer on the domes for. Also I see one of the doors is foiled. Is that for easy clean up?

Just curious.

Jonny

Jonny,

No, its covered because I hosed it up and it looks horrible!
icon_smile.gif
I sprayed it with oven cleaner and man was that a bad move! So, I am going to order a new one from Weber.

Tony

Back