Got the bug

KenRose

TVWBB Member
Hey everyone. Canadian here. 50 yrs old and into my first ever year of charcoal cooking. I bought a Hollywood Grey 70th anniversary kettle (mostly for looks) and now I’m hooked. If I were to put some money aside for another, I would love some thoughts on what ppl here would suggest for either a complimentary purchase or then next step. I do have a Napoleon gas grill as well

As a fellow Canadian the Weber bug bite’s pretty hard.
A kettle makes CFL home openers, Stanley Cup Playoffs and Grey Cup extra special. Go Bombers

If I were to put some money aside for another, I would love some thoughts on what ppl here would suggest for either a complimentary purchase or then next step.
Hello Ken,

Another vote for the Weber Kamado.

I have been cooking on the same Genesis 1000 for the past 30 years but decided to cross over to the dark side this past fall.

I found a brand new summit charcoal for sale on Craigslist and have been slowly learning how to use it.

I got up at 2:30 this morning to cook a brisket, lol.

I can’t believe Weber doesn’t do more to market these amazing kettle grills on steroids.

Either a Kamado or Smokefire. You’ll love the Kamado in cold weather (neither a pellet, gas, or kettle can even pretend to touch it in cold, especially cold and windy) and you’ll enjoy playing with it and trying different cooks, baking for one.

Smokefire, I truly feel is the best pellet on the market, as it’s got a distinct and unique flavor profile that I’ve never had on a pellet. Good enough that it doesn’t scream “I was cooked on a pellet” like everything else seems to. I have a Green Mountain which is good, but the food isn’t what I would consider overly “BBQ” flavor, and I’ve had food off of Traegers, Louisiana, Camp Chef, Pit Boss, a couple other brands that I’m drawing a blank on this early, and none have the same flavor as Smokefire. Only thing about Smokefire I would change is it would be insulated as it can struggle when temps dip.

Back