Good Morning, Beautiful!

Took it off and wrapped around 9:30. Got a nice, slow finish and took it off around 2pm. Rested until a little after 6:30 and wrapped in towels in a cooler. Still nice and warm after slicing. This was my first Prime brisket and honestly, it was kinda fatty for my taste. Not sure if it was the grade, or just this particular brisket. Either way, still good.

IMG_1422.jpeg

IMG_1425.jpeg

IMG_1427.jpeg

That bend test is outrageous! Amazing cook from start to finish! I see the fat content on your last photo, but still awesome!

Looks awesome, if I had to guess I would say it was that brisket in particular with more fat than normal, not so much the grade.
It appears to have more fatty sections than I am use to seeing.......
What was the final temp readings on it???
I only ask as I am going to start attempting to keep the temp readings closer to the sub 200 for the next few times.
Somewhere between the 195 and 200 is what I am considering...............
I would like to think it can be as tender and more moist by doing this.....including the extended rest of course.

Looks awesome, if I had to guess I would say it was that brisket in particular with more fat than normal, not so much the grade.
It appears to have more fatty sections than I am use to seeing.......
What was the final temp readings on it???
I only ask as I am going to start attempting to keep the temp readings closer to the sub 200 for the next few times.
Somewhere between the 195 and 200 is what I am considering...............
I would like to think it can be as tender and more moist by doing this.....including the extended rest of course.

I took it off at 203, per the Church's instructions.

looks great! how much did it weigh when you put it on?

I didn't get a pre-cook weight. It was 12.8lbs to start. I trimmed aggressively - measured 2.5lbs of 'burger trimmings' to be ground later and I estimate about another 1.5lbs of just fat. So, somewhere in the neighborhood of 9lbs, I'd guess.

Last edited:

Back