Going Whole Hog

Great looking pit and cook, man that would feed an army of people, how may people were you feeding?

Your Pops also looked like he had fun helping you out.

We had around 20 people. Vacuum sealed a lot of chopped pork for future meals which I don't mind. Definitely had lots of goo meat to go around.

Very impressive Cook Nick!!! I too would love to try a cook like that!!! If if ever do I know who I'm gonna call for advice!!

Your pig roast looks great! 2 questions for you.... would you do it again? Why did you cut the head off?

It was. I am not sure what kind of blade it was. Definitely not a special one. You can use a hatchet and a hammer to split the backbone as well. You only need to split about 8-10 inches.

Your pig roast looks great! 2 questions for you.... would you do it again? Why did you cut the head off?

Would definitely do it again! Some of the best pork I have ever had. You get a nice mix of all the different cuts when you chop and mix. Next time I would keep the head and roast it. But to open the body up and get the shoulders exposed you kind of have to take it off.

Back