Going to pic up these soon

JustinL

TVWBB Pro
Already talked to the guy, just waiting for him to call me back to let me know he's available. Hopefully he doesn't flake.

Link

Thats a sweet deal Justin. I wish it was closer ot me. That CGA with the nic ewood handles is worth the $20 alone. And that 3rd grill is an older SJ. That would make a nice SJ Mini Smoker.

Just got back from picking them up. They need to be cleaned but overall they look like they're in pretty good condition. I grabbed the other one which is a BBQ Pro gas GA copy too because he said if I took them all he would meet me in the middle, cutting an hour plus round trip into a half hour round trip.

Here are the Webers:

The old SJ is an A, the new one is a DD, and I don't see a date code on the CGA. Did they not mark the go anyware's George?

IMG_20120317_182642.jpg

Thanks for the link George. I thought something was up when I pushed it down and it hit the legs.

I was looking at the schematic for the new CGA's and noticed that they added a clip to hold the legs together, part 15 #80211. I thought this was a great idea since the legs seemed a little wobbly and awkward if you tried to lift it. Since I had just called and ordered a replacement table for my performer I called back and got them to throw that piece in too. I also asked if they had a date stamp on them and she said no, but from previous experience I'll take that with a grain of salt.

well, i'll check again but i know my new unused cga has a code "b" on the vents.
ok, just went out to check. the one that pat sent to me has the code "p" on it. it had wood handles when pat bought it. sooo, yea, they have codes !

Thanks George. I appreciate the info. I'll look closer when I clean them up. I can't wait to see what they look like clean. Especially that old SJ.

Finally finished cleaning these all up and outfitted with stainless hardware. I'm hoping to use the oldie as a mini smoker. I think the 3 vents should work great for temp regulation.

IMG_20120405_164406.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nice Job Justin! The 3 Amigos look great.
or Moe, Larry and Curly? Lol.

I would be curious to Know what you think of the 3 wheeler Tamale pot smoker.
I have used mine on a Silver a Gold and an old 3 wheeler.
The gold worked the best to keep temps low.
The 3 wheeler ran hot. But to be fair, I was using a different charcoal in it and I fear it was the culprit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AJ S.:
Nice Job Justin! The 3 Amigos look great.
or Moe, Larry and Curly? Lol.

I would be curious to Know what you think of the 3 wheeler Tamale pot smoker.
I have used mine on a Silver a Gold and an old 3 wheeler.
The gold worked the best to keep temps low.
The 3 wheeler ran hot. But to be fair, I was using a different charcoal in it and I fear it was the culprit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's interesting AJ. I had thought like George, that the three wheeler would be the best out of the SJ models since you had the three smaller vents to control the temps to better like the WSM.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to get around to getting a tamale pot but it's definitely planned. I'll let you know what I think when I do though.

Thanks everybody

Back