Going to Paul Kirk's class this weekend!

Keri C

TVWBB Wizard
I was so surprised when my grandmother called me this morning to tell me that she saw in the Tulsa World where Paul Kirk was going to be putting on one of his BBQ classes in Tulsa this weekend. Well, of COURSE I'm going to go!
icon_biggrin.gif
Just have to decide now whether to take a WSM or the stick burner...

For those of you who have attended one of his classes, what did you think of it?

Keri C, still smokin' on Tulsa Time (aka Hot Wire BBQ)

Keri,

Please post your thoughts after the class. I'm very interested in hearing your opinion. As for which smoker to take, I vote for both, keep your options open until the last moment.

Joey Mac

I got a lot out of Paul's Class and it gave me the confidence to go try my hand at competeing. So I owe a lot of thanks to Paul Kirk and his class.

I can see how a seasoned vet like Jim Minnion would say that it's BBQ 101.

But for someone who's never competed, or just wants to improve their backyard skills, Paul packs a TON of info into a day-long class.

I would recommend it. I know I really enjoyed it.

Keri,

I think you probably already know 90% of what will be covered.

When I went in 1997, I'd never seen a whole brisket or a pork butt before, so it was an eye-opening experience!

Regards,
Chris

The reason I say what I said is if compare Paul's class to Music City Pig Pals, DrBBQ's or James and Lola Rice's as an example the amount of info given is like night and day.

Paul does not teach what he practices while competing which is my point.
Jim

I went to Paul's class last year in New Holland, PA. I had a great time interacting with the other WSM people. I think that was the most fun. As for learning any new secrets? I think this forum has helped me more than anything.

MikeZ

Back