Go-Anywhere Charcoal - Carry Case

A little tough if you don't know German and I am guessing that shipping will not be cheap. They do have some really nice stuff though

It’s not too tough, it says Weber Go Anywhere in plain language, honestly, I didn’t go to the checkout to see just how confusing that probably would be as I do not “verstey” for beans!😉

I don't believe they ship to the U.S. (2) Grates = 54 EUR + (1) griddle = 29 EUR, translation to U.S. is $97.91, before shipping.

Hi Joe. They are cast iron grates from Smokerig. They're surprisingly light and great to use.

www.smokerig.co.uk
Very cool site. They are light weight because they are high carbon steel not cast. Nice stuff. I think they suspended shipping to a lot of places because of Covid according to their site. Doesn't make sense to me.

Hi all! Many years since I have posted on here. Good to see it is still such an active forum!

I just took the plunge on the charcoal Go-Anywhere. I have the portable Napoleon gasser but it is not as portable as I want it to be - and I love charcoal cooking. This little go-anywhere is going to be a perfect addition to the boat for some island cooking! I also ordered the grill grate for this and plan on some other mods to make it a grab and go!

To really complete the package, I need the carry case. I have found it in a few locations but it seems to be an obscure find. I didn't find it on Weber's site - is this out of production? And I'm not sure I trust some of these "shopify" type sites with my credit card info... Also insane that the carry case costs more than the grill itself! Oh well, it is worth it to me in the end, just making sure I'm not looking in the wrong places.

Thanks in advance for any input if you have found the cases somewhere that was trustworthy and gave good service!
Here you go:

I use a Plano case to carry my Go-Anywhere gas. Fits the grill perfectly on the sides with room for the 2 gas cans and other grill accessories next to it. can even stack more stuff on top. Keeps it nice and tidy.

The smaller 56Qt fits as well for the grill if you're just looking to fit just the grill and stack stuff on top of it.

Are you sure about the 56qt fitting. I picked one up from Home Depot Recently and it doesn’t even come close to fitting. I returned it and might try the 68qt.

Attachments

• FC10BBD3-A883-4F7C-BE97-A72B3B6BF96A.jpeg
    FC10BBD3-A883-4F7C-BE97-A72B3B6BF96A.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 6A4F2105-F410-4691-85B0-0C908844347A.jpeg
    6A4F2105-F410-4691-85B0-0C908844347A.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 12
Looks like the perfect bag. You should review it on Amazon as there are no reviews. I would like one but it would be 3X more than I paid for the grill and it already has a handle;-)

Very cool site. They are light weight because they are high carbon steel not cast. Nice stuff. I think they suspended shipping to a lot of places because of Covid according to their site. Doesn't make sense to me.
What are those grates / griddle? and where did you get it? How do you like it? How heavy are they?

Hey Joe, You might check with The Burn Shop in Whicita Falls. I bet that they could fabricate one for you. It might be spendy but if you want it, you want it. DAMHIK how that works!

Sorry for the multi quote, never tried it on this forum before.

I saw this on the Facebook group Weber GA Life:
SternoBag1.jpg

SternoBag2.jpg

Home Depot has a full warehouse rack of plastic storage containers with snap on lids. Shouldn't be hard to find a suitable fit. Going this route also means you can just hose it out for cleanup.

Back