Gloves

Jeff Langer

TVWBB Fan
Just wondering which gloves everyone uses to take meat off the WSM. I searched the net and found a bunch; I didn't know if some were better than others.

Thanks!

Jeff,go to the Tractor Supply in Newton and get some PVC coated gloves. They only cost $3-4 and work great! Look for me on wednesdays as I deliver batteries to them!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty W.:
Jeff,

Here's another source for what looks like the same gloves. Little higher but free shipping. They work great. The rubs they sell on this website are really good too.

http://www.texasbbqrub.com/bbqgloves.htm

Scotty W. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
e-1.gif
these are my go to gloves for pulling pork

Jeff,
I tried some of those blue latex gloves like Home Depot sells on some pulled chicken, then I ordered the gloves I mentioned above. My fingers got uncomfortably hot. I prefer insulated gloves.

What is the temp rating on these? I have two Ove Gloves, for picking up really hot items like cast iron off the kettle, but they get dirty really fast.

I thirdly agree on the TexasBBQrub gloves. Get a couple of pairs so you can enlist help for pulling pork. Still free shipping, even on 2 pairs.
icon_smile.gif

For meat handling/rub application gloves, I get these from Harbor Freight. Not a terrible price and there is a store on my way home.
Harbor Freight gloves

Do any of you guys have problems with big hands and finding gloves? It is a chore just to find winter gloves for myself. And even when i find them i have to really work to get my hands in them.

I wear a size 16 wedding ring just to give you an example of my hand size. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and what gloves have you found.

As someone else here responded, these are the gloves that I use and they're fabulous:

http://www.texasbbqrub.com/bbqgloves.htm

As far as the latex gloves, I joke that I have sausages for fingers and I use the xl latex gloves that my M.D. gives me when I go for a checkup. Good luck.

I use a pair that came with the
Ron Popeil Rotisserie" for the kitchen. They are green colored, but almost identical to those from Texasbbqrub.

I'm gonna second Big Mike, any suggestions for larger gloves/ I bought the ones from TexasBBQ but they were too small.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brad W:
I'm gonna second Big Mike, any suggestions for larger gloves/ I bought the ones from TexasBBQ but they were too small. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big Mike & Brad

Did a google search and found these. Not as cheap as the TexasBBQ gloves but guys with big hands have to pay a bigger price.
icon_smile.gif

http://www.gloves-online.com/p....php?prod=LCR-NL-517

Scotty W.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Langer:
Thanks everyone! What about the latex gloves that everyone wears to apply rub to their meats? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The meat is way too hot for just the latex gloves. I have some pvc gloves like the ones mentioned for moving the meat around. For pulling, I put on a pair of cotton jersey gloves and then put a large pair of latex gloves over those. That works pretty well and allows me enough feel that I can work and clean the meat as I pull.

Back