Giardiniera?

Here in the Chicago area we put it on Italian beef sandwiches. I've also put it on Italian sausage sandwiches. It's delicious if you like spicy food. I prefer my giardiniera with green olives but many brands do not include that as an ingredient. I usually buy an additional jar of green olives and mix it into whatever brand I purchased. For the most part I would say that most of the different brands are similar so I wouldn't overpay for one over another. If you like olives then do what I do and mix it together. If not, then just try any brand that's available locally.

I don't know if it's available in stores in your area, but Buona beef is definitely one of the better Italian beef options here in Chicagoland. Coincidentally, my Aunt through marriage is a Buonavolaloto who are the people that started Buona beef. I probably buy it every couple months when I find the big container of it on sale. I'm sure you can find an appropriate roll for it where you are. I also like provolone cheese with mine.

What is it, what is a good brand? It keeps coming up on the Kitchen on Food Network.
Thanks
It's a mix of pickled veggies. If you want larger chunks for an appetizer, Mezetta is good. For sandwiches, the less coarse type, like Ditkas or Marconi works well.

Back