Getting frozen provisioning ready for the cottage trip

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
The “get out of town” dates are approaching and I like to have several dinner proteins easily available. So far, I’ve made up:
2- Pork Bombs
1-Meatloaf
34-Pork wings (appetizer)
4-#Wings (frozen and seasoned)
1-6# chicken

Nice Lake Huron Whitefish is readily available just up the road as is an excellent source of pork products (Plaths in Roger’s City, check out the website) that will be breakfast sausage and bacon along with other goodies!
I figure we will eat out a few evenings, the “Keyhole” has excellent fare, the best onion rings I’ve ever had, damn fine chili and very cold frosty beverages!
One lunch is always at the Soo to watch ships lock through and have fabulous fresh fried whitefish. Nice way to spend most of a day.
Getting the fresh(or smoked) things from “Big Rock Fishery” is really nice too! Wonderful patio snacking with some cheese, smoked salmon or whatever and crackers. I would stay longer if we could but, such is the burden of having pets.

I’ll get the Graham crackers and Hershey bars after I get there, I sent up more “durable” things up with my wife’s son. Dry goods and foodstuffs which don’t require refrigeration are already delivered! Yay! We do dine well up there. There is a pretty good liquor store in Rogers City so, I’ll make a stop (or two) when we are there.

There's something about vacation that gets me really thinking in advance about cooking. We go to the Outer Banks in NC every year with some friends of ours. The Dads love to cook (and make cocktails), so we get excited about planning the menu and prepping ahead to make it easy and more relaxing.

Last edited:

Back