Get a Weber, get another Weber

Number four showed up today, a daisy wheel N-code in black, nothing special. Only got it because we wanted the grill baskets that came with it, and it was only $15. I’ll clean it up, and maybe flip it. The wood handles are in decent shape. Actually, the whole thing is pretty good for being thirty years old.

Number four showed up today, a daisy wheel N-code in black, nothing special. Only got it because we wanted the grill baskets that came with it, and it was only $15. I’ll clean it up, and maybe flip it. The wood handles are in decent shape. Actually, the whole thing is pretty good for being thirty years old.
Post almost worthless without a photo . . . :ROFLMAO:

Post almost worthless without a photo . . . :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, I’ve got it all in pieces right now, some in the garage, some in the yard drying after a spray-down. Once it’s back together, I can add a photo. I’ve had it identified for me as a BAR-B-KETTLE, the bottom line entry in Weber’s line-up for ‘91. Basic black, three bottom vents, single center rail on the triangle, and plain black wheels. Sort of the grill equivalent of a ‘63 Valiant with three-speed non synchro first gear column shift, 170 cu.in. Slant Six, black wall tires, and no radio. :)

I believe collector mentality is just part of the human instinct. If cave man needed a smooth oval rock of a certain size to make an axe, every time he found one he brought it home. He probably had a pile of 20, more than he'd ever need.

Collecting grills is nothing to worry about. Some people collect Rolexes.
Rolexes may cost more but....They take up a lot less room!

I have enough for most of my needs but, BUT, if I find a 26” at the right price, I have a design in mind for another double barrel “overperformer” maybe building up a “Superperformer” rotisserie for the 26, pizza set up for the second 22” maybe a station for chimney ignition. But there is no cure for Weberitis, it may go into remission from time to time but, one may never be fully cured.
I look at Rich’s collection of charcoal burners that have been idle for as long as they have and am really jealous of the collection. It’s so...organized! You da Man Rich!

I too, suffer from Weberitis. I bought my first Weber in the spring of 2014. A lovely black and silver Genesis, propane model. Last December my wife gifted me a 18.5 WSM for Christmas. After running a high fever, it was subdued by a Summit Kamado E6 in April. Hopefully this keeps the fever at bay…for now.

Back