Gensis ii i-310 orifice

Roi C

hi,

I want to convert my ng gensis ii i-310 (2019) to lp, do you know what is the orifice drill size?

Thanks
Roi

Now Larry, think about how good them pork chops were last night...mmmm, if they were half as tasty as they looked...

But that's not very helpful for a guy with a question, so first we should say that subject comes up often, so often in fact that our fearless Admin, @Chris Allingham, is putting together a sticky that will lay it all out for you intrepid adventurers. Here is what he's got so far...

EDIT: And you may be lucky and have a "continuous" valve rather than a "fixed" valve and it will be as straight-forward as simply drilling out the orifice. Like I used to tell the people I worked with, "It's not that the job is so difficult, it's just that you got to know so <expletive deleted> much."

Last edited:
Drill size doesn't matter. NG orifices are bigger than LP. Which means you can't drill it out to make it smaller. You need new orifices at the very least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drill size doesn't matter. NG orifices are bigger than LP. Which means you can't drill it out to make it smaller. You need new orifices at the very least.
Dang, I need to pay closer attention! That's why you need to figger this stuff out for yourself. Good point, Bruce!

I know that they are smaller and i want to order ,but what is the lp orifice size?

Roi, am I correct that English is not your first language? We are a caring bunch here at TVWBB and for your safety and well-being the subject of gas conversion is somewhat complicated and not easily answered.

Roi, am I correct that English is not your first language? We are a caring bunch here at TVWBB and for your safety and well-being the subject of gas conversion is somewhat complicated and not easily answered.
why its some complicated ? i found a lot of kit conversion on ebay\amazon... its not all about the orifice ?

I has more to do than just the orifice on most grills. It has something to do with the valves. They are different between NG and LP.
And I would not trust those aftermarket conversion kits.

why its some complicated ? i found a lot of kit conversion on ebay\amazon... its not all about the orifice ?
Roi, in the private message you sent me, you said you read my draft post on this subject. In that post, I wrote that there are two factors: orifice and the valve spools. If your grill has continuous valve spools, you only need to change the orifice to convert from NG to LP. But if you have fixed valve spools, you need to change both orifice and spools. We don't know what spools your grill has. This is why the recommendation is to change the entire manifold. It's the easiest, safest solution.

More important questions: Is your grill a North American grill or one made for Israeli or EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa) market? What is LP gas pressure for grills in Israel? Weber discourages moving gas grills sold in one region to another part of the world. I would hesitate to recommend US replacement parts if they won't work on an Israeli/EMEA grill.

hi,
Thanks for your attention.
1.In israel the pressure for grills is 30 mbar
2. my grill ( genesis ii ng e-310) bought from usa
3. I dont know if my grill has continuous valve spools...

Can you help me with that ?

You'd have to take apart one of the valves and examine the spool inside to know if you've got fixed or continuous spools in this grill. This is why the recommended solution is to replace the entire manifold with an LP manifold. You get the right size orifice + spools all in one easy to install package.

Here's one source for a US 2019 LP manifold, but out of stock: https://www.thebbqdepot.com/weber-genesis-ii-310-lp-manifold-67458/

In addition, you would need an LP regulator + hose kit.

A US manifold is expecting LP gas pressure of 11WC which is 0.397 psi. I don't know if it's safe to attach a US LP regulator to higher pressure Israeli LP (30 mbar = 0.435 psi).

I don't think any of us are comfortable advising you on this. I would suggest connecting with a local gas grill dealer or a local LP gas distributor to see if they can advise on safety issues before you proceed.

Back