Genesis Silver C?

Kelly C

TVWBB Pro
A buddy of mine gave me his old Weber gas grill yesterday after he bought a Genesis II. I think it is a Silver C from 05’. Can anyone help confirm? I think 05’ was only year with the enclosed cabinet. Sound right?
31D95610-1B03-4D9F-85C3-ADA12AFFF2E1.jpeg

Yes it is a Silver C. Looks like a model for a specific store with the white stripe on the lid and the black knobs which are rare. The standard Silver C came with grey knobs and a plain black lid. If there is no rust on the frame this grill will last many more years.
As for the year I think 04 and 05 came with closed cabinets.

Kelly, if you look up under the control panel inside the cabinet, there should be an ID tag. The first two characters of the serial number are the key to determining the date. I've attached a picture of mine. Armed with that info, you can read here how to decipher the date code. Good luck!

SilverC.jpg

I think it is a Silver C from 05’. Can anyone help confirm?
I don't have a 2004 Weber Catalog so I don't know about that year. Catalogs for 2005 and 2006 both show enclosed cabinet for Genesis Silver C, then 2007 changes to the E-320 design with side burner moved to the left side.

I believe that it is a Special Edition - maybe for Ace or similar. Definitely 2005 or 2006. The black knobs and handle all go along with that. One of my personal favorites! I hope you give it a refresh and enjoy for years to come. Probably better in a number of ways than that Genesis II :cool: !

I registered the grill with Weber last night and the model name they provided me is...Genesis Silver C LP Blk SWE Premium so John you are right...it is the special edition model. What does the W stand for in SWE?

I think the SWE designation has something to do with ease of assembly if I recall correctly.

Weber took pride in their easy-to-assemble engineering...15 minutes for a pro, 30 minutes for the consumer.

1599668712863.png

Back