Genesis Silver B - What's it worth?

Aaron Morris

TVWBB Member
Well, it's time for me to clean up my pation and thin out the herd of BBQ's. I have a traeger which is do almost everything on, a weber Mini WSM for small smokes, and another smaller gas grill. The main gas grill that I really haven't used but once in the last 2 years is my Genesis Silver B. I think this was the last model they made before the new series came out. It's either 9 or 10 years old at this point. I just got done giving it a good cleaning, respraying the sides and the outside of the fire box with new paint. It has a new igniter, the burners are original but in perfect shape (the crossover tube is new last season too). The flavorizer bars are the heavy duty stainless ones from rcplanebuyer, and are about 3-4 years old in fantastic shape. The cast iron grates show some wear/rusting you can see in the photos (I've since cleaned and re-seasoned them). The rest of it is in great shape.

My question is, what do you think it is worth at this point? I've seen people selling these all over the map asking anywhere from $50 to over $300. Is asking $200 too high? I'm in the PNW (Vancouver,WA to be exact). Thanks! And if this is the wrong place to ask this, please let me know and I'll move/delete my post.

It looks like it's in fine shape. If I needed a weber gasser I would pay 200 bucks for it.

Given it's condition, I'd list it at $250 or even $275. I would highlight that it has heavier gauge SS flavorizers and explain why that's a good thing. I'd hit the grates real good with a wire brush the bake a couple of coats of oil onto them. You letting a tank go wit hit ? Or just the grill ?

I just did the grates earlier today with some crisco and baked it in for an hour. They look a lot better now. Also hit the inside of the lid with some more cleaner, and then hit the outside with my buffer and some compound to get all the water spots off.

I'll probably include a tank with it since I have several.

What I was trying to decide is if I should include the warming racks which are pretty lousy looking, or spend the $30 and replace both with shiny new ones, but I don't know if that is worth it.

I just did the grates earlier today with some crisco and baked it in for an hour. They look a lot better now. Also hit the inside of the lid with some more cleaner, and then hit the outside with my buffer and some compound to get all the water spots off.

I'll probably include a tank with it since I have several.

What I was trying to decide is if I should include the warming racks which are pretty lousy looking, or spend the $30 and replace both with shiny new ones, but I don't know if that is worth it.

Personally, I might be inclined to just ditch the warming racks. Tell buyers that they are readily available on Amazon or from Weber if they want them. As for the tank, price would go up if you include one.

Last though. If you want to maximize price and you have the tools and the time, hit the inside of the lower firebox with an angle grinder and a cup wire brush. Take it down to bare, shiny aluminum. Doesn't need to be perfect. Should only take about 20-30 mins at most.

Last edited:
Personally, I might be inclined to just ditch the warming racks. Tell buyers that they are readily available on Amazon or from Weber if they want them. As for the tank, price would go up if you include one.

Last though. If you want to maximize price and you have the tools and the time, hit the inside of the lower firebox with an angle grinder and a cup wire brush. Take it down to bare, shiny aluminum. Doesn't need to be perfect. Should only take about 20-30 mins at most.

I'd do the same to the grates, and then spray them down with some BBQ non-stick spray, then wipe them off before taking pictures. And $250 is certainly a fair price, and gives you some negotiating room. I think it could be harder to move if you go above that, but it depends on the buyer.

When you draft the ad, be sure to talk about how this one is in pristine condition and ready to go. That the buyers won't have to do anything to it for years. Sure, they might be able to find someone else selling a Weber for less, but they'll need to fix that one up themselves or replace some parts next year.

Ended up finding it a home for $250. Not too bad.. hopefully I won't have seller's remorse. Although if I do, I'll find an old redhead to restore.. lol.

Back