Genesis Silver B - swing table "alternative" / DIY option

Am I seeing things? Is that a deep box in a non deep box frame
No, you are not seeing things.

The left side of a 2000/2001 Silver B will mate with the RH side of a Genesis 1000.
If you look closely you can see the paint on the front cross bar is more faded on the RH side than the left hand side.

The Legs and LH side frame parts are Silver B which provided the swing-up table mount catch on the frame leg.

The RH Side of the frame, Right leg, lower cross bars, control panel, manifold, burners flav bars and all are Genesis 1000 and the cookbox is from a 1990 Genesis 3.

The RH trim piece is from a 2004 Gold B. I would add a RH swing up table but the burners on the 1000 are lower and conflict with the RH side swing up bracket and there is no catch on the RH frame leg, so I went with the condiment tray.

I think @Steve Hoch named this a Genesis Silver 1000 B

edit: The lid is an original DD date code Silver B that I've had since new. Unrestored, just living the good life in sunny and sometimes dry N. CA. It has lived its entire life on this patio. The rest of the original Silver B is in the garage with a green lid on it for my kiddo.

20211028_181305-jpg.39728

And a current Pic with durawood bottom shelves.

20230509_195729.jpg

here's some more pics

Last edited:
I have one of those new style Silver B's in my possession currently. Is this what you have. If so I can take pictures at daylight for it is night right now.

20230423_134510.jpg

No, you are not seeing things.

The left side of a 2000/2001 Silver B will mate with the RH side of a Genesis 1000.
If you look closely you can see the paint on the front cross bar is more faded on the RH side than the left hand side.

The Legs and LH side frame parts are Silver B which provided the swing-up table mount catch on the frame leg.

The RH Side of the frame, Right leg, lower cross bars, control panel, manifold, burners flav bars and all are Genesis 1000 and the cookbox is from a 1990 Genesis 3.

The RH trim piece is from a 2004 Gold B. I would add a RH swing up table but the burners on the 1000 are lower and conflict with the RH side swing up bracket and there is no catch on the RH frame leg, so I went with the condiment tray.

I think @Steve Hoch named this a Genesis Silver 1000 B

edit: The lid is an original DD date code Silver B that I've had since new. Unrestored, just living the good life in sunny and sometimes dry N. CA. It has lived its entire life on this patio. The rest of the original Silver B is in the garage with a green lid on it for my kiddo.

20211028_181305-jpg.39728

And a current Pic with durawood bottom shelves.

View attachment 70377

here's some more pics

This is an impressive build 👏👏

Parts don't seem as readily available in the UK.

I cleaned mine properly yesterday for the first time since I got it and I thought that was a good achievement 😂

It slides to one side to lock into place and I believe it lays on the tab that protrudes. I do not remember exactly I will have to check and take photos. I will take photos of the top and bottom and I will remove the top table so you can see the fold outs.

It slides to one side to lock into place and I believe it lays on the tab that protrudes. I do not remember exactly I will have to check and take photos. I will take photos of the top and bottom and I will remove the top table so you can see the fold outs.
Thanks Samuel!

Really appreciate your support on this odd request 👏

No worries, your welcome David, we are family here. You will find the members here are very helpful and generous with their time. Hope you stay with us for a while. Welcome to the Forum!

No worries, your welcome David, we are family here. You will find the members here are very helpful and generous with their time. Hope you stay with us for a while. Welcome to the Forum!
I Appreciate it!

I'm planning on using this thing for a good few years, the quality seems like it will last and the more I read I am excited to use it for years to come! I enjoy things that were built with quality in mind 👍

I have attached a rough picture of some initial measurements I think I'd need as well as how it stays in place PXL_20230510_071211166.MP.jpg

Clean inside and out. New Burners, Flavorizer Bars, Ignitor, Wheel Caps plus replace knobs and igniter rocker to dyed black ones. and then sell it. It was a Free Curb Alert. I already have some New Stainless Streel Grill Grates.
That's a good looking grill, you should do well with it.

That's a good looking grill, you should do well with it.
Yes, it looked like the user started to clean it up but, gave up after they priced the parts needed to restore it. Grease tray looked almost new. He put it out with a cover and a free tank. I got the cover, but someone snatched up the tank. This picture is what it looked like when I got it.

Yes, it looked like the user started to clean it up but, gave up after they priced the parts needed to restore it. Grease tray looked almost new. He put it out with a cover and a free tank. I got the cover, but someone snatched up the tank. This picture is what it looked like when I got it.
Good score for sure.

Back