Genesis restore question (1000 and 3000, NG and LP)

KennP

I have been a lurker for some time. This is my first post.

I have a black Genesis 1000 (LP, shroud broken on the left side, where it connects to the pin). It has wood slats, at least on the left side, the bottom storage is missing. It is from the early 1990s, according to Weber CS.

I also have a redhead Genesis 3000 LX NP, with the plastic slats and the side burner. I just picked it up; I don't know if it works.

I would like to attempt my first restore.

At the minimum, I can take the redhead and put it on the Genesis 1000 and salvage some other parts from the 3000 to make the 1000 better. But what I'd really like to do is restore the 3000 to its glory, maybe with new wood slats, and make it an LP. Are most of the parts interchangeable on these units? Is the side burner more trouble to restore than it's worth?

Would the Genesis 1000 manifold, etc., fit in the 3000? Is it as easy as that? Or is it much more complicated to convert NP to LP?

Any help, ideas or suggestions would be appreciated as I begin to investigate the possibilities.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!
It should because I was going to convert my 1000 to natural gas from LP and I bought a brand new Weber Nat Gas manifold (which I have listed in the buy/trade/swap thread) and the box says fits 1000-3000 Genesis. All you need to do is swap out the manifold for the change.
Just make sure your 1000 manifold has the nipple opening (will be plugged) for the gas line to the side burner

Last edited:

Back